|Birth name||Erika Heynatz|
|Born||25 March 1976|
|Genres||Pop, Pop Rock|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, actress, model|
Heynatz hosted the first two cycles of the Foxtel reality TV show Australia's Next Top Model and the only season of the Ten Network's The Hot House. She demonstrated a commitment to a singing career by leaving her Australia's Next Top Model job, which went to Australian lads mag girl Jodhi Meares. Heynatz left Australia's Next Top Model to pursue her singing and her commitment to appear on the Seven Network's celebrity singing contest It Takes Two in 2006. Paired with David Hobson as her tutor, she eventually won the contest.
In 2003, she starred in the television movie Mermaids, and has since appeared in numerous other feature film roles. She also appeared as a guest star in the sci-fi series Farscape in the episodes "Terra Firma" and "Unrealized Reality". In 2007, Heynatz starred in the motion picture Gabriel.
She has starred in an Olay commercial and was the co-host of the third series of It Takes Two. Erika was a special guest judge during Cycle 8 of America's Next Top Model where one of the episodes was filmed in Sydney.
Heynatz currently has a recording contract with EMI. Her debut single 'Kingdom' was released on iTunes on 12 February 2010. The video for the clip was filmed in the USA. Her debut album, Sweeter Side, will be released on Friday, 16 July 2010, which contains the singles "Kingdom" and "Bullet".[dated info]
Heynatz appears in Rockstar Games L.A. Noire, as Elsa Lichtmann, which is produced using advanced motion capture technology. Although her character performs several 1940s-style songs in the game, synthpop singer Claudia Brücken performed those vocals.
In 2013, she appeared in the musical Legally Blonde as Brooke Windham. Also in 2014 she starred as the Usherette and Magenta in the Australian Rocky Horror Show.
Erika grew up in Moe (Newborough) and went to high school in Warragul at Saint Pauls Grammar.
On 8 March 2007, she married long term partner Andrew Kingston.
- "Erica Heynatz".
- "Erika Heynatz goes commercial". The Age. 25 May 2006. Retrieved 17 February 2010.
- "Mermaids Spotted in Queensland Waters".
- "Erika Heynatz enjoys horror ride". The Daily Telegraph. 18 August 2008.
- "It Takes Two". 7 Perth.
- "America's Next Top Model: The Girls Who Go Down Under".
- Rosi Golan's song 'Slide' which she co-wrote with Jamie Hartman and Peter Gordeno was officially released as part of her debut record The Drifter and The Gyspy in November 2008.
- "Climbing Out of the Uncanny Valley".
- Mornings with Bob Rogers, Radio 2CH, 09:38 ADST, 3 March 2010.
- "Weddings, Babies and Life in General".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Erika Heynatz.|
- TV.com Biography
- IMDb entry
- "Behold, the natural Erika Heynatz". The Daily Telegraph. 17 Oct 2009.
- Erika Heynatz talks about her personal style