Erika Mann (born 2 November 1950 in Leipzig) is a German politician and was a Member of the European Parliament with the Social Democratic Party of Germany from 1994 - 2004. She was part of the Socialist Group and sat on the European Parliament's Committee on International Trade.
She was present at the Taj Mahal hotel in Mumbai during the 2008 terror attacks.
She was a substitute for the Committee on Budgetary Control and the Committee on Industry, Research and Energy.
- Qualified teacher
- Research activity at the University of Hanover
- Business consultant for information technology
- until 1996: District councillor, Northeim
- PSE Group coordinator, Committee on International Trade (INTA)
- Member of the Steering Committee, WTO Parliamentary Assembly
- 1994 - 2009: Member of the European Parliament
- Senator, Max Planck Society (MPG)
- Board Member of the Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research, Katlenburg-Lindau
- Board Vice-Chairwoman of the Frauen geben Technik neue Impulse (women promoting technology) Association
- Board Member of the International Foundation for Research and Exchange (IBB)
- Patron, Erika Mann Primary School, Berlin
- Chairwoman of the Transatlantic Policy Network (TPN)
- Member of the Board of Directors, Salzburg Seminar
- Member of the Board of Directors, Internews Europe
- Chairwoman of the European Internet Foundation (EIF)
- Executive committee Member of the Kangaroo Group
- Member of the International Informatization Academy of the United Nations
- From 2011: Lobbyist for Facebook in Brussels
See also: European Parliament election, 2004 (Germany)
External links