|Full name||Erika Yuriko Iris Yamasaki|
2 September 1987 |
Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
|Height||4 ft 11 in (1.50 m)|
|Weight||55 kilograms (121 lb)|
|Club||Cougars Weightlifting Club|
Erika Yamasaki (born 2 September 1987, Darwin, Australia) is an Australian weightlifter. She started Weightlifting in 2000, when she was tested in a talent identification program. Erika first started to represent Australia in 2003 at the Oceania Championships. She has now competed at several international events, including Oceania Championships, World Junior Championships, World Cup, Commonwealth Championships, and Commonwealth Games.
Erika Yamasaki won a bronze medal at the 2006 Commonwealth Games in the women's 48 kilogram event by snatching 69 kilograms, and clean and jerking 87 kilograms. She had previously lifted 75 kilograms in the snatch and 95 kilograms in the clean and jerk (168 kilograms total) competing in a national competition in the 53 kilogram class.
After the 2006 Commonwealth Games she had an operation to remove a tear in her hip joint which she obtained late 2005 whilst training.
At the 2010 Commonwealth Games she competed in the 48 kilogram event, snatching 73 kilograms, which was an Oceania record, but unfortunately was injured during the warm up for the clean and jerk, tearing the internal ligament in her elbow, and was not able to secure a clean and jerk result.
Currently, Yamasaki holds 23 Queensland, 15 Australian records and 1 Oceania record, including events in the under 16, under 18 and open categories.
- Oceania & South Pacific Junior Championships - Niue
- Oceania Senior & Junior Championships - Suva, Fiji
- World Junior Championships - Minsk, Belarus
- Mermet Cup (AUS vs. USA) - Melbourne, Australia
- Commonwealth Youth Games - Bendigo, Australia
- Australian Youth Olympic Festival - Sydney, Australia
- World Junior Championships - Busan, South Korea
- Mermet Cup Internation - Louisiana, USA
- Commonwealth, Oceania & South Pacific Championships - Melbourne, Australia
- Arafura Games Darwin, Australia
- World Junior Championships Prague, Czech Republic
- IWF World Cup Apia, Samoa
- Commonwealth Games - New Delhi, India
- Arafura Games & Oceania Championships - Darwin, Australia
|Snatch||78.0 kg||June 2011|
|Clean & Jerk||98.0 kg||July 2011|
|Total||175.0 kg||June 2011|
|Front Squat||117.0 kg|
|Back Squat||128.0 kg|
|This Australian biographical article relating to sport is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article relating to the sport of weightlifting is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|