Erin Mills Town Centre
Aerial view of Erin Mills
|Location||Mississauga, Ontario, Canada|
|Management||20 VIC Management, Inc.|
|Owner||20 VIC Management, Inc.|
|No. of stores and services||220|
|No. of anchor tenants||6|
|Total retail floor area||799,000 square feet (70,000 m2)|
|No. of floors||2|
Erin Mills Town Centre is a shopping mall located in Erin Mills, Mississauga, Ontario Canada, at the corner of Erin Mills Parkway and Eglinton Avenue West. It is the second largest mall in Mississauga, after Square One. The mall can be accessed from the 401, 403, and 407 series highways. Erin Mills Town Centre Bus Terminal is located directly in front of the main entrance of the mall. 
Erin Mills Town Centre was built on a land that had been accumulated by E. P. Taylor's Don Mills Developments in 1954. The mall opened in 1989 and was owned and managed by Cadillac Fairview until it was purchased by the Ontario Pension Board in 2010 for $370 million. There is a large clock tower at the centre of the mall. A Cineplex Odeon movie theatre was closed in 2000 and was replaced by Old Navy and Sport Chek stores. The mall also had a mini-golf course located near the centre court, but it was converted into retail space. In addition, there was a daycare which was converted to retail space in 2005. On Thursday, July 11, 2013 it was announced that the mall will be getting a $100 million renovation. This will include the replacement of the clock tower with "an iconic glass sphere 283 feet in circumference", as well as the current skylights being replaced with modern clerestory windows. The current food court is also planned to be "rethought, reworked and reborn". Renovations are slated to start this summer and to be finished by summer 2015.
Anchors and majors
- Hudson's Bay (134,073 sq ft.)
- Gap (13,490 sq ft. total, Gap - 8,508 sq ft (790.4 m2)., Gap Kids - 4,982 sq ft.)
- H & M (20,876 sq ft.)
- Indigo Books (20,000 sq. ft.)
- Old Navy (22,345 sq ft.)
- Sears (132,227 sq ft.)
- Sport Chek/Coast Mountain (26,642 sq ft.)
- Target opening summer 2014  (135,892 sq ft.) - formerly Zellers and previously Eatons
A variety of restaurants are located at Erin Mills Town Centre.
|Bourbon Street Grill||Food Court|
|Fit For Life||Food Court|
|Freshly Squeezed||Food Court|
|Mac's Sushi||Food Court|
|Manchu Wok||Food Court|
|New York Fries||Food Court|
|Opa! Souvlaki||Food Court|
|Taco Bell||Food Court|
|Teriyaki Experience||Food Court|
|Thaï Express||Food Court|
Films & TV
Erin Mills Town Centre has been used as a filming location for several films, including Noam Chomsky's Manufacturing Consent: Noam Chomsky and the Media (1992), Hedwig and the Angry Inch (2001), and Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen (2004). The now-closed Erin Mills Cineplex Odeon theatre was also used as a set for the film Dirty Work (1998).
Erin Mills Town Centre has served as the scene for the Canadian game show Instant Cash.
Erin Mills Town Centre offers space in the mall for not-for-profit organizations and charitable events. More information about bookings can be found on its main webpage.
- "Erin Mills Town Centre celebrates prom with the Sparkle Project". Mississaugalife.ca. Retrieved 2013-07-12.
- "Case Studies: Erin Mills". Case Study. Condrain Group. Retrieved 29 March 2012.
- Kovessy, Peter. "Pension Buys Mississauga Mall for $370M". Business Journal. Ottawa Business Journal. Retrieved 29 March 2012.
- "Information". Erin Mills Town Center. Retrieved 2011-05-07.
- "Erin Mills Town Center, Mississauga, ON". Waymarking.com. Retrieved 2011-05-07.
- "ERIN MILLS TOWN CENTRE LAUNCHES $100 MILLION TRANSFORMATION" (Press release). July 10, 2013. Retrieved 2013-07-12.
- Flavelle, Dana (July 11, 2013). "Erin Mills Town Centre to get $100 million makeover". Toronto Star. Retrieved July 12, 2013.
- "Indigo Books added to Erin Mills Town Centre". Accessmylibrary.com. Retrieved 2013-07-12.
- "Erin Mills Town Centre Store Directory". Erin Mills Town Centre. Retrieved 2013-07-12.
- Fleischer, David. "Reel Toronto: Toronto Sings!". Article. Torontoist. Retrieved 28 March 2012.
- Official website
- Media related to Erin Mills Town Centre at Wikimedia Commons
- Erin Mills Town Centre on Facebook
- Erin Mills Town Centre on Twitter