Erin Murphy (poet)
Publications - Books
- Dislocation and Other Theories (Word Press, 2008)
- Science of Desire (Word Press, 2004), a finalist for the Paterson Poetry Prize.
- Too Much of this World (Mammoth Books, 2008), winner of the Anthony Piccione Poetry Prize.
- Making Poems: Forty Poems with Commentary by the Poets (State University of New York Press, 2010)
- Word Problems (Word Press, 2011)
- Distant Glitter (Word Poetry, 2013)
Murphy's other awards include the National Writers Union Poetry Award (judged by Donald Hall), the Normal School Poetry Prize judged by Nick Flynn, a $5,000 Dorothy Sargent Rosenberg Poetry Award, numerous Pushcart Prize nominations, the Foley Poetry Award, University of Massachusetts M.F.A. Poetry Fellowship, a Maryland State Arts Council Individual Artist Award, and an Individual Creative Artist Fellowship from the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts.
Publications - Other
Murphy's poems have appeared journals and anthologies such as The Georgia Review, Field, Nimrod, Subtropics, The Paterson Literary Review, Literal Latte, Mississippi Review, Green Mountains Review, Kalliope and 180 More: Extraordinary Poems for Every Day, edited by Billy Collins (Random House, 2005).
- B.A. in English and Philosophy from Washington College
- M.F.A. in Poetry from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst's MFA Program for Poets & Writers.
She serves on the English and Creative Writing faculty at The Pennsylvania State University, Altoona College, where she is a tenured associate professor.
-  -- personal website
- Erin Murphy/Word Problems at Word Press
- Erin Murphy/Making Poems at SUNY Press
- Erin Murphy/Dislocation and Other Theories at Word Press
- Erin Murphy/Science of Desire at Word Press
- Review of Science of Desire in The Georgia Review; see "Book Briefs"
- Erin Murphy at America Magazine
|This American poet–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|