Erin Woods, Calgary
|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Andre Chabot|
|• Total||1.59 km2 (0.61 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,052 m (3,451 ft)|
|• Density||4,398.7/km2 (11,393/sq mi)|
|• Average Income||$56,123|
|Website||Erin Woods Community Association|
Erin Woods is a residential neighbourhood in the south-east quadrant of Calgary, Alberta. It is located at the eastern edge of the city and is bounded to the east by 52 Street E, to the south by Peigan Trail and to the north and west by the Canadian National Railway tracks.
The area was annexed by the City of Calgary in 1961, and Erin Woods was established in 1981. It is represented in the Calgary City Council by the Ward 10 councillor.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $56,123 in 2000, and there were 20.4% low income residents living in the neighborhood. As of 2000, 20.3% of the residents were immigrants. A proportion of 0.5% of the buildings were condominiums or apartments, and 20.5% of the housing was used for renting.
The community is served by Erin Woods Elementary public school.
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. October 21, 2013. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- City of Calgary. "Calgary Snapshots 2011". Retrieved 2012-05-02.
- City of Calgary (2006). "Erin Woods Community Statistics". Retrieved 2007-05-15.
- "2012 Civic Census Results". City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 9 Profile". Retrieved 2007-05-15.
||Dover||Forest Lawn||Forest Lawn Industrial|
|Dover||Municipal District of Foothills|
|Golden Triangle Industrial Area||Eastfield Industrial Area|
|This Calgary-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|