|Born||Erling Sven Lorentzen
28 January 1923
|Other names||Erling S. Lorentzen|
|Spouse(s)||Princess Ragnhild of Norway (1953–2012; her death)|
|Norwegian Royal Family|
HH Princess Astrid, Mrs. Ferner
Erling Sven Lorentzen (born 28 January 1923) is a Norwegian shipowner and industrialist who has lived in Brazil for decades. He founded Aracruz Celulose in 1968 and who was married to Princess Ragnhild of Norway. He is a member of the Lorentzen family of shipping magnates.
Life and career
Lorentzen formerly owned 28% of Aracruz Celulose, which he sold for approximately 1.7 billion USD in July 2008.
Marriage and children
Lorentzen married Princess Ragnhild of Norway, eldest daughter of Olav V of Norway and Princess Märtha of Sweden on 15 May 1953 in Asker, Norway. He is thus the brother-in-law of King Harald V and Princess Astrid of Norway.
They have three children:
- Haakon Lorentzen born 23 August 1954.
- Ingeborg Lorentzen born 27 February 1957.
- Ragnhild Lorentzen born 8 May 1968.
Honours and awards
- St. Olav's Medal With Oak Branch.
- Defence Medal 1940–1945 with Rosette.
- Haakon VII 70th Anniversary Medal (1942).
- Commander of the Royal Norwegian Order of St. Olav (1977).
- Olav V's Silver Jubilee Medal (21/09/1982).
- Olav V's Centenary Medal (02/07/2003).
- Norwegian Royal House Centenary Medal (18/11/2005).
- Knight Grand Gross of the Order of the Southern Cross (Brazil).
|Ancestors of Erling Lorentzen|
|This Norwegian business biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|