August 9, 1921 |
Gastonia, North Carolina, US
|Spouse(s)||Esther (died December 1970)|
|Grace Cathedral, Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio|
Angley is a native of Gaston County, North Carolina; he was raised a Baptist, and at the age of 18 he accepted Jesus Christ as his Savior. In the early 1950s, traveling with their tent and camper, he and his wife arrived in Northeast Ohio as a traveling "salvation and healing" Pentecostal evangelist.
Angley's interdenominational ministry was originally based at Grace Cathedral (a.k.a. the "Temple of Healing Stripes") in Springfield Township, Ohio southeast of Akron. That church is now known as 'Grace Cathedral – Akron' and is used by their youth ministry (for youth services) and for church weddings, funerals and Bible study. In 1994, Angley purchased part of a large complex in his home base of Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, one that was formerly owned by evangelist Rex Humbard, and formerly known as the Cathedral of Tomorrow and the next door television studios.
Humbard's Cathedral of Tomorrow complex was sold in 1994 to television evangelist Ernest Angley, along with the Channel 55 license, which was used by Angley's Winston Broadcasting Network division for the current Cleveland area CW affiliate, WBNX-TV. This complex now includes the Grace Cathedral, the Cathedral Buffet restaurant, WBNX-TV's studios and offices, as well as other companies which lease space.
Online Bible College
Angley began an online Bible college through his website in 2011 with the purpose of providing Bible study courses for laymen, missionaries, teachers and pastors.
Ernest Angley's ministry operates a Boeing 747SP, named "Star Triple Seven" and bearing registration P4-FSH, which it uses to transport missionaries and humanitarian aid around the world. The P4- tail number denotes the aircraft is registered in Aruba.
Ernest Angley's signature weekly one-hour program The Ernest Angley Hour can currently be seen throughout North America as well as internationally via broadcast stations, internet streaming, cable and satellite channels.
Angley also broadcasts The 90 & 9 Club (named in reference to Matthew 18:12–13) weekdays on his ministry owned TV station WBNX-TV 55 in Cleveland, Ohio. Additional airings of both shows as well as gospel music programming also airs on secondary digital channel 55.2.
Controversy over whether Jesus heals HIV/AIDS
Angley's Christian faith-based teachings, in particular his claims (based on Biblical scripture Mark 9:23 "Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.") that AIDS and other diseases can be cured by God's healing power, were met with some skepticism in South Africa. In March 2007, the Advertising Standards Authority in South Africa, after receiving a complaint, cancelled a newspaper ad for Angley's ministry, based on lack of preliminary filing of medical documentation at that time for healing of AIDS through prayer. Angley has since stated that he has verifiable medical documentation from former AIDS patients that he can submit to any country that requires it, and in the same 2007 television broadcast displayed medical documentation from 4 alleged former HIV positive patients of their new negative tests results.
The author of many books as well as gospel songs, his website states that he has donated all royalties from his books to the outreach ministry.
- Hurry Friday!. (Autobiography) (June 2004) Library of Congress catalog 2005615251
- Raptured. (A novel about the second coming of Christ based on a dispensational interpretation of biblical prophecy.) (First published 1950) Library of Congress catalog 2003611031 ISBN 0-8007-8172-4
- Faith in God Heals the Sick. (Biblical teaching on how to receive and keep physical healing from the Lord.)
- Untying God's Hands. (Many subjects including marriage, dating and ministry of angels are dealt with in this book.)
- Cell 15. (The true story of the imprisonment of Ernest Angley in Germany for preaching the Gospel.)
- God's Rainbow of Promises. (Scriptures from the Bible to cover a person's needs in times of trouble.)
- The Deceit of Lucifer. (Biblical answers to questions about hypnosis, visualization, astrology, demonology.) Library of Congress catalog 89827508
- Leeching of the Mind. (Dealing with depression and exposing the inner working of Lucifer in the human mind.)
- The Power of Bible Fasting (Comprehensive book with Old and New Testament scriptures about Bible fasting.)
- The Reality of the Person of the Holy Spirit Volumes 1–4. (Reveals the works of the Holy Spirit throughout the Old and New Testament scriptures and how the Holy Spirit affects the lives of people.)
- Prosperity: Spiritual, Physical, Financial (Biblical insights and teachings concerning God's plan of prosperity) Copyright 2001.
- Weeds in Eden (Describes the cost to God and man of minds overrun with the weeds of disobedience and rebellion.)
- The Unforgivable Sin. (A look into how a human can blaspheme against the Holy Ghost and how to avoid those paths.) Library of Congress catalog 2001615038
- Reality of the Blood Volumes 1–4. (Biblical insight concerning the divine blood of Jesus and its power of deliverance.)
- Love is the Road. (Discovering how to walk the paths of life using God's love and promises.)
- Living Free From Sin. (Volumes 1 & 2; Can a saved person be lost? Two comprehensive books dealing with the belief of 'Unconditional' Eternal Security, and how one can live free from sin. [Copyright 2007 & 2008])
- The Mind of Christ. (How one can take on the Mind of Christ. [Copyright 2005]) ISBN 1-935974-13-0
- Battles of the Mind!...peace be still. (How one can be free from the battles of the mind. [Copyright 2008]) ISBN 1-935974-14-9
- Reality of the Blood Vol. 5: Don't Waste the Blood (How to use the divine blood of Jesus to defeat the devil every day. [Copyright 2010]) ISBN 1-935974-17-3
- Healing From Heaven, Vol. 1 (How to receive miracles and healings from God. [Copyright 2012]) ISBN 978-1-935974-18-5
- "Healing from Heaven, Vol. 2" (Further details the vision of Ezekiel on the wheels. [Copyright 2012]
- The War is on... Armageddon (A novel based on Biblical truth; the sequel to "Raptured". [Copyright 2012]) ISBN 978-1-935974-19-2
- Book|"The Mind of Christ", By Ernest Angley; pp. 145–148, "Salvation brought a new life"
- "Grace Cathedral". Ernest Angley Ministries. January 1, 2011. Retrieved 2011-05-09.
- "Ernest Angley's Online Bible College". Ernest Angley Ministries. January 1, 2011. Retrieved 2011-04-21.
- "Airframe 21963 History". Boeing 747SP Website. Retrieved 2010-09-24. "Leased to Grace Cathedral (Ernest Angley Ministries)"
- Hinkle, Chaz (March 15, 2006). "Angley Ministries 747SP will be in Lesotho and South Africa". Boeing 747SP Website. Retrieved 2010-09-24. "P4-FSH, the 747SP flown by Ernest Angley Ministries, is scheduled to be in African in late March and early April. The trip includes a three-day stop at Maseru, Lesotho, March 31 through April 2, and a four-day stop in Bloemfontein, Free State (South Africa), April 6–9."
- "Can Jesus heal Aids?". IOL: News for South Africa and the World. April 25, 2007. Retrieved 2007-04-27.
- WBNX-TV interview Cleveland, Ohio,U.S April 19, 2007
- "About Ernest Angley". ErnestAngley.org. October 14, 2010. Retrieved 2010-10-14. "Reverend Angley is a prolific author and has donated all royalties from the sales of his books to the outreach ministry. Donated royalties include those from the sale of his autobiography, Hurry Friday."