|Full name||Ernesto Antonio Farías|
|Date of birth||29 May 1980|
|Place of birth||Trenque Lauquen, Argentina|
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)|
|Football Club Argentino|
|2012–2013||→ Independiente (loan)||42||(12)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 25 September 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Farías started playing professionally in 1997 for Estudiantes de La Plata, making his top division debut in a 2–2 draw against Club Atlético Lanús, 19 days shy of his 18th birthday, From his third season onwards he never scored less than 14 league goals, including 12 in the 2003 Apertura alone, a competition best, as his team ranked in midtable.
Farías left Estudiantes as the club's fifth-ever goal scorer, netting nearly one goal every two games. He signed with Italian club U.S. Città di Palermo for the 2004–05 campaign, teaming up with compatriot Mariano González and appearing in only 13 Serie A matches, going scoreless in the process.
Subsequently Farías returned to his country and joined Club Atlético River Plate, being crowned top scorer in the 2006 edition of the Copa Libertadores at five (tied with 13 other players) as the Buenos Aires outfit reached the quarterfinals. In late July 2007, after a failed transfer to Deportivo Toluca F.C. for personal reasons, he signed a four-year contract for F.C. Porto, in a €4 million deal.
During his three-year spell in Portugal Farías was mostly used as a substitute, consecutively barred by Lisandro López, Hulk and Radamel Falcao. He still managed to contribute solidly to the conquest of five major titles, scoring 34 official goals, 23 of those coming in the league.
In January 2010 Farías had everything arranged with Cruzeiro Esporte Clube, as part of the deal involving Kléber, but the move eventually collapsed. In late July he finally moved to the Brazilian side, agreeing on a three-year contract; he scored his first goal for the club on 9 June, in a 3–2 win over Sociedade Esportiva Palmeiras.
- "Porto pluck Farías from River Plate". UEFA.com. 25 July 2007. Retrieved 12 May 2011.
- "Comunicado" [Announcement] (in Portuguese). FC Porto. 28 January 2010. Retrieved 4 October 2010.
- "Official: Farias leaves Porto for Cruzeiro". PortuGOAL. 22 July 2010. Retrieved 12 May 2011.
- "¡Bienvenido!" [Welcome!] (in Spanish). Independiente's official website. 26 January 2012. Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- Ernesto Farías – FIFA competition record
- "La suerte del '6' se acabó para River en gol del 'Tecla' Farías" ['6' Lucky charm over for River with 'Tecla' Farías goal] (in Spanish). Terra. 19 July 2006. Retrieved 12 May 2011.
- "Ernesto 'Tecla' Farías está en la mira del Corinthians para su centenario en 2010" [Ernesto 'Tecla' Farías targeted by Corinthians for century in 2010] (in Spanish). Soitu. 20 October 2009. Retrieved 12 May 2011.
- Argentine League statistics (Spanish)
- Stats and profile at Zerozero
- Stats at ForaDeJogo
- Ernesto Farías at National-Football-Teams.com
- Guardian Stats Centre