Ernesto Juan Castellanos
Ernesto Juan Castellanos, born in 1963, is a Cuban freelance author, translator, educator, journalist, producer, filmmaker and researcher who lives and works in Miami, Florida. He has written and published four books as well as a number of stories for newspapers and magazines both in Cuba and abroad.
Castellanos has a university degree in English and works variously as a translator and interpreter, in film and live music production management, and as a fixer and production manager for international radio and film crews and bands working in Cuba, most notably CNN (Jim Acosta), PBS (Ray Suarez), HD-Net, the BBC (Michael Palin, Steve Leonard, Rhod Sharp, Simon Reeve), the Manic Street Preachers, Asian Dub Foundation, Audioslave, Simply Red, and Kool & the Gang.
Non-fiction books published in Cuba
- Los Beatles en Cuba: Un viaje mágico y misterioso (Ediciones Unión, Havana, 1997)
- El sargento Pimienta vino a Cuba en un submarino amarillo (Letras Cubanas, Havana, 2000)
- La guerra se acaba –si tú quieres (Ediciones Extramuros, Havana, 2001)
- John Lennon en La Habana with a little help from my friends (Ediciones Unión, Havana, 2005)
- John Lennon Park - the statue of Lennon is featured in Castellanos's 2005 book