|Birth name||Ernst-August Fricke|
11 May 1914|
|Died||9 November 1943
Königsberg, East Prussia
|Years of service||1935–1943|
|Commands held||II. / Grenadier-Regiment 76|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
|Other work||Police Officer|
Ernst-August Fricke (11 May 1911 – 9 November 1943) was a highly decorated Oberstleutnant in the Wehrmacht during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Ernst-August Fricke was wounded in August 1943 during the Battle of Kursk and died from his wounds on 9 November 1943 in Königsberg, East Prussia. He was posthumously promoted to Oberstleutnant and awarded the Oak Leaves to his Knight's Cross on 30 November 1943.
Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1939)
- Wound Badge (1939)
- in Black
- in Silver
- in Gold
- Infantry Assault Badge
- Eastern Front Medal (25 July 1942)
- Honour Roll Clasp of the Army (27 June 1943)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Thomas 1997, p. 181.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 156.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 65.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939–1945 – Die Inhaber der höchsten Auszeichnung des Zweiten Weltkrieges aller Wehrmachtsteile [The Bearers of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939–1945 — The Owners of the Highest Award of the Second World War of all Wehrmacht Branches] (in German). Friedberg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 978-3-7909-0284-6.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.
- Thomas, Franz (1997). Die Eichenlaubträger 1939–1945 Band 1: A–K [The Oak Leaves Bearers 1939–1945 Volume 1: A–K] (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-7648-2299-6.