|Born||3 February 1916
|Died||27 March 1944
near Narva, Estonia
|Years of service||1938–1945|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
Ernst Born (3 February 1916 – 27 March 1944) was a highly decorated Feldwebel in the Wehrmacht during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Ernst Born was killed 27 March 1944 near Narva, Estonia and was posthumously awarded the Knight's Cross.
Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (23 August 1941)
- 1st Class (20 April 1943)
- Wound Badge (1939)
- in Black (29 November 1941)
- in Silver (?)
- Infantry Assault Badge (29 August 1941)
- Eastern Front Medal (17 August 1942)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 21 April 1944 as Feldwebel and platoon leader in 7. / Grenadier-Regiment 2
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 120.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939–1945 – Die Inhaber der höchsten Auszeichnung des Zweiten Weltkrieges aller Wehrmachtsteile [The Bearers of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939–1945 — The Owners of the Highest Award of the Second World War of all Wehrmacht Branches] (in German). Friedberg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 978-3-7909-0284-6.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.