||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (June 2010)|
In 1953 he was one of the founders of the Escola de Música de Piracicaba. After studying music there, he became artistic director and conductor of the orchestra and choir of the Institute, holding these posts now for almost fifty years.
In 2005 he composed the opera O Garatuja, libretto by Eugênio Leandro, based on the homonymous novel by José de Alencar, which was premiered on April 27, 2006, at the Teatro Municipal de Piracicaba "Dr Losso Netto".
He is a member of the Brazilian Academy of Music (chair n. 6). He lives with his wife, Maria Aparecida Romera Pinto Mahle, in Piracicaba.
- Marroquinhas Fru-Fru (1974) opera, libretto by Maria Clara Machado
- A Moreninha (1979) opera, libretto by José Maria Ferreira
- O Garatuja (2006) opera, libretto by Eugênio Leandro
- Ferreira, Paulo Affonso de Moura. 1976. Ernst Mahle: Catálogo de obras. Brasília: Ministério das Relações Exteriores.
- Tokeshi, Eliane. 2001. "As sonatas e sonatinas para violino e piano de Ernst Mahle: Uma abordagem dos aspectos estilísticos". In I Seminário Nacional de Pesquisa em Performance Musical. III: Belo Horizonte, 2000, edited by André Cavazotti, 43-56. Belo Horizonte: Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais. Also constituting the journal Per musi: Revista de performance musical 3 (January-June 2001).
- Escola de Música de Piracicaba (Portuguese) (with short bio)
- Compositores e obras do CD "Com licença!..." (Portuguese) (Short bio)
- Classical Composers Database
|This article on a Brazilian composer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a conductor or bandleader is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|