||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (May 2013)|
|Type of site||point of sale, inventory management|
In March 2010, they received $2 million in funding from Saul Klein (Index Ventures), Satish Dharmaraj (Redpoint Ventures), Dave McClure and Kenny van Zant. At the time of the announcement, they had 700 paid subscribers and 2,000 users. Currently, Erply has over 20,000 users.
Initially, Erply launched as a retail payment solution for small to medium sized businesses. They have since expanded to big box retailers and offer point of sale technology, inventory control, billing, business reporting, and custom barcodes. Erply offers both paid and free packages; on average, subscriptions to the service cost $74 per month. Because the Erply software does not store credit card info, they pay a 1.9% processing fee per transaction (the industry standard is 2.7%). Additionally, Erply is cloud based, meaning that the retailer does not need to possess their own servers.
In August 2011, they released a mobile credit card reader for handheld mobile devices, allowing merchants to use the Erply point of sale application on iPads. Since the app is cloud based, it can also be used on the web.
Erply has been profiled in the Wall Street Journal, the Financial Times, BBC, TechCrunch, Inc. Magazine, The Guardian and Fox Business. Saul Klein noted that Erply can do for business software what Skype did for telecommunication and The Wall Street Journal selected Erply as one of the top ten European startups to watch in 2011.
- Yiannopoulos, Milo. Out of the Starting Blocks. The Wall Street Journal. December 8, 2010.
- Kim, Ryan. Card swipe dongle or NFC? Erply chooses both. Giga OM. August 23, 2011.
- Butcher, Mike. Seedcamp announces its six winners for 2009. TechCrunch Europe. September 25, 2009.
- And the winners are….Seedcamp congratulates the 2009 winning teams. Seedcamp. September 25, 2009.
- Bunz, Mercedes. Eastern Europe takes over Seedcamp. The Guardian. September 25, 2009.
- Moules, Jonathan. A venture capitalist’s European mission. Financial Times. April 24, 2010.
- Cox, Mark. Erply aims to be Skype of business software market. eChannelLine. March 29, 2010.
- About Erply. Erply.com.
- Erply POS Solution. Web Wholesaler Magazine. October 2011.
- Features. Erply.com.
- Rusli, Evelyn. Erply: Skype of Business Software?. TechCrunch. March 22, 2010.
- King, Rachel. Erply takes on Square, Verifone with new mobile payment device. ZDNet. August 23, 2011.
- Toor, Amar. ERPLY's mobile credit card reader handles NFC payments on an iPad, obliterates the check-out line. Engadget. August 23, 2011.
- Graham, Fiona. Tablet time: Tablet computers take on the workplace. BBC News. March 21, 2011.
- Choosing the Best Inventory Tracking Software. Inc Magazine. May 24, 2011.
- Yigal Azrouel CEO Mixes Fashion and Software. Fox Business. July 5, 2011.
- Finley, Klint. 5 Enterprise Startups to Watch in 2011 # 3: Erply. ReadWriteWeb. December 29, 2010.