The Stanley, later Stanley-Massey-Stanley, later Errington Baronetcy, of Hooton in the County of Chester, was created in the Baronetage of England on 17 June 1661 for William Stanley, the great-grandson of Sir William Stanley, of Hooton and Stourton, a member of the Stanley family headed by the Earl of Derby. The sixth Baronet assumed the surname Stanley-Massey-Stanley. The ninth Baronet married Mary Haggerston, great-niece and heiress of Henry Errington of Sandhoe House, Northumberland. Their eldest son, the tenth Baronet, represented Pontefract in Parliament. Their second son, Rowland Stanley, the eleventh Baronet, inherited the Errington estate in Northumberland and changed his name to Errington. The title became extinct on the death of the twelfth Baronet in 1893.
The Errington Baronetcy, of Lackham Manor in the County of Wiltshire, was created in the Baronetage of the United Kingdom on 18 July 1885 for George Errington, Member of Parliament for Longford. The title became extinct on his death in 1920.
The Errington Baronetcy, of Ness in the County Palatine of Chester, was created in the Baronetage of the United Kingdom on 26 June 1963 for the barrister and Conservative politician Eric Errington. As of 2010[update] the title is held by his son, Colonel Sir Geoffrey Errington Bt OBE, the second Baronet, who succeeded in 1973. He is a Vice-President of the Standing Council of the Baronetage. 
Errington baronets, of Hooton (1661)
- Sir William Stanley, 1st Baronet (1628–1673)
- Sir Rowland Stanley, 2nd Baronet (1653–1737)
- Sir William Stanley, 3rd Baronet (1679–1740)
- Sir Rowland Stanley, 4th Baronet (1707–1771)
- Sir William Stanley, 5th Baronet (c. 1753–1792)
- Sir John Stanley-Massey-Stanley, 6th Baronet (1711–1794)
- Sir Thomas Stanley-Massey-Stanley, 7th Baronet (c. 1755–1795)
- Sir William Stanley-Massey-Stanley, 8th Baronet (c. 1780–1800)
- Sir Thomas Stanley-Massey-Stanley, 9th Baronet (1782–1841)
- Sir William Thomas Stanley-Massey-Stanley, 10th Baronet (1806–1863)
- Sir Rowland Errington, 11th Baronet (1809–1875)
- Sir John Errington, 12th Baronet (1810–1893)
Errington baronets, of Lackham Manor (1885)
- Sir George Errington, 1st Baronet (1839–1920)
Errington baronets, of Ness (1963)
- Sir Eric Errington, 1st Baronet (1900–1973)
- Sir Geoffrey Frederick Errington, 2nd Baronet (born 1926)
- Kidd, Charles, Williamson, David (editors). Debrett's Peerage and Baronetage (1990 edition). New York: St Martin's Press, 1990.