İlyasova with the Bucks
|No. 7 – Milwaukee Bucks|
May 15, 1987 |
|Listed height||6 ft 10 in (2.08 m)|
|Listed weight||235 lb (107 kg)|
|NBA draft||2005 / Round: 2 / Pick: 36th overall|
|Selected by the Milwaukee Bucks|
|Pro playing career||2004–present|
|2005–2006||Tulsa 66ers (D-League)|
|2007–2009||FC Barcelona (Spain)|
|2011||Anadolu Efes (Turkey)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NBA.com|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
Ersan İlyasova (born May 15, 1987) is a Turkish professional basketball player who currently plays for the Milwaukee Bucks of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He is 6 ft 10 in (2.08 m) in height.
After playing with the youth team of Ülkerspor, İlyasova played professionally in the Turkish League with the senior squad of Ülkerspor during the 2004-05 season, averaging 4.5 points and 3.2 rebounds in eleven games.
İlyasova was selected by the Milwaukee Bucks in the second round (36th overall) of the 2005 NBA Draft and signed a two-year contract with them on August 23, 2005. İlyasova did not play in an NBA game during the 2005-06 season. He was instead assigned to the Bucks' affiliated D-League team, the Tulsa 66ers, where he played 46 games and averaged 12.5 points and 7.0 rebounds per game.
Return to the NBA
In the summer of 2011, during the 2011 NBA lockout, he signed a contract with Anadolu Efes of the Turkish Basketball League. In December 2011, he returned to the United States to play for the Bucks in the 2011–12 NBA season.
On February 19, 2012, İlyasova set new career highs with 29 points and 25 rebounds against the New Jersey Nets. He became only the third Bucks player in franchise history to record at least 25 points and 25 rebounds in a game, after Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (10 times) and Swen Nater (once). The feat had not been achieved for more than 35 years. He would earn a Player of the Week award due to his performances from March 5–11.
On July 12, 2012, İlyasova re-signed with the Bucks a 5 year, $40 million contract.
On March 27, 2014, he was ruled out for the remainder of the 2013–14 season due to a right ankle injury.
Turkish national team
Before İlyasova was chosen to play for the senior Turkish national team, he was named the MVP of the 2006 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship, after leading Turkey's junior national team to a silver medal in İzmir.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||PIR||Performance Index Rating|
NBA regular season
- Ersan Ilyasova Stats, Video, Bio, Profile
- TBLStat.net Profile
- Milwaukee Bucks send Ersan Ilyasova to D-League Retrieved February 18, 2007
- Ersan Ilyasova Biography at NBA.com Retrieved February 18, 2007
- AXA FC Barcelona lands Ilyasova
- Ersan Ilyasova profile - FC Barcelona official website
- "BUCKS REACH AGREEMENT WITH ILYASOVA". NBA.com. 2009-07-23. Retrieved 2009-11-29.
- JSonline.com Ilyasova, Bucks agree on 3-year deal
- "Ersan Ilyasova and Patty Mills Agree To Play In Turkey". Slam Online. 2011-08-03. Retrieved 2013-11-01.
- Ersan Ilyasova, Bucks spoil Brook Lopez's season debut for Nets
- Bucks’ Ersan Ilyasova out for season with ankle injury
- A Look Back At The U-20 European Championships (Part Two) Retrieved February 18, 2007
- Career statistics and player information from NBA.com, or Basketball-Reference.com
- DraftExpress.com Profile
- Euroleague.net Profile
- TBLStat.net Profile
- TurkSports.net Profile, Stats, Career
|Awards and achievements|
|FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship MVP