İlyasova with the Bucks
|No. 7 – Milwaukee Bucks|
May 15, 1987 |
|Listed height||6 ft 10 in (2.08 m)|
|Listed weight||235 lb (107 kg)|
|NBA draft||2005 / Round: 2 / Pick: 36th overall|
|Selected by the Milwaukee Bucks|
|2005–2006||Tulsa 66ers (D-League)|
|2007–2009||FC Barcelona (Spain)|
|2011||Anadolu Efes (Turkey)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NBA.com|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
Ersan İlyasova (born May 15, 1987) is a Turkish professional basketball player who currently plays for the Milwaukee Bucks of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He has previously played in Turkey, Spain and the NBA Development League.
After playing with the youth team of Ülkerspor, İlyasova played professionally in the Turkish Basketball League with the senior squad of Ülkerspor during the 2004–05 season, averaging 4.5 points and 3.2 rebounds in eleven games.
İlyasova was selected by the Milwaukee Bucks with the 36th overall pick of the 2005 NBA draft. In July 2005, he joined the Bucks for the 2005 NBA Summer League. On August 22, 2005, he signed with the Bucks. On November 14, 2005, he was assigned to the Tulsa 66ers of the NBA Development League, an assignment that lasted the entire 2005–06 season. In 46 games for the 66ers, he averaged 12.5 points, 7.0 rebounds and 1.0 assists per game.
İlyasova made his NBA debut for the Bucks on November 1, 2006 in a 105-97 win over the Detroit Pistons. In 2006–07, he played 66 games for the Bucks, averaging 6.1 points and 2.9 rebounds per game. In June 2007, the Bucks tendered a qualifying offer to İlyasova to make him a restricted free agent.
Return to the NBA
In July 2009, İlyasova signed a multi-year deal to return to the Milwaukee Bucks.
On August 3, 2011, İlyasova signed with Anadolu Efes of the Turkish Basketball League for the duration of the NBA lockout. In December 2011, he returned to the Bucks following the conclusion of the lockout.
On February 19, 2012, İlyasova set new career highs with 29 points and 25 rebounds against the New Jersey Nets, becoming just the third Bucks player in franchise history to record at least 25 points and 25 rebounds in a game, after Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (10 times) and Swen Nater (once). The feat had not been achieved for more than 35 years. He subsequently earned the Player of the Week award for his performances from March 5–11.
On March 27, 2014, he was ruled out for the remainder of the 2013–14 season due to a right ankle injury.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||PIR||Performance Index Rating|
Note: The Euroleague is not the only competition in which the player participated for the team during the season, he also played in domestic competition.
Before İlyasova was chosen to play for the senior Turkey national basketball team, he was named the MVP of the 2006 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship, after leading Turkey's junior national team to a silver medal in İzmir.
- Ersan Ilyasova Stats, Video, Bio, Profile
- Ersan Ilyasova – Turkish Basketball League Player
- Milwaukee Bucks send Ersan Ilyasova to D-League
- Ersan Ilyasova D-League Stats
- AXA FC Barcelona lands Ilyasova
- "BUCKS REACH AGREEMENT WITH ILYASOVA". NBA.com. July 23, 2009. Retrieved July 23, 2009.
- "Anadolu Efes officially announces Ersan Ilyasova". Sportando.com. August 3, 2011. Retrieved August 3, 2011.
- Ersan Ilyasova, Bucks spoil Brook Lopez's season debut for Nets
- Bucks Re-Sign Ersan Ilyasova
- Bucks re-sign forward Ersan Ilyasova
- Bucks’ Ersan Ilyasova out for season with ankle injury
- A Look Back At The U-20 European Championships (Part Two)
- Life history of Crimean Tatar basketball player
- Career statistics and player information from NBA.com, or Basketball-Reference.com
- Milwaukee Bucks Bio - Ersan Ilyasova
- DraftExpress.com Profile
- Euroleague.net Profile
- TBLStat.net Profile