Erwitte ( Erwitte (help·info)) is a town in the district of Soest, in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany.
Erwitte is situated approximately 8 km south of Lippstadt and 15 km east of Soest.
Division of the town
After the local government reforms of 1975 Erwitte consists of 15 districts:
- Erwitte (6510 inhabitants)
- Eikeloh (518 inhabitants)
- Merklinghausen/Wiggeringhausen (179 inhabitants)
- Horn-Millinghausen (894 inhabitants)
- Berenbrock (309 inhabitants)
- Seringhausen (65 inhabitants)
- Stirpe (1079 inhabitants)
- Ebbinghausen (201 inhabitants)
- Böckum (209 inhabitants)
- Völlinghausen (811 inhabitants)
- Schallern (291 inhabitants)
- Norddorf (159 inhabitants)
- Schmerlecke (732 inhabitants)
- Weckinghausen (67 inhabitants)
- Bad Westernkotten (4097 inhabitants)
Erwitte is twinned with:
Officially the town of Erwitte is mentioned in the year 836 for the first time and the medieval architecture can still be seen in the town center.
Erwitte is home to a thriving cement industry which, together with the heating valve company Heimeier, make up the largest companies in the area.