Escape from Cluster Prime
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (November 2008)|
Escape from Cluster Prime is an one-hour animated television special, created by Rob Renzetti, and produced by Frederator Studios for the Nickelodeon cable channel. It was based on characters from the Nickelodeon animated television series My Life as a Teenage Robot. It was nominated for, but did not win, the Emmy Award for best animated film in 2006.
It's the 300-year anniversary for the town of Tremorton. Queen Vexus and her henchbots are again fighting Jenny, Vexus is beat but escapes, leaving her robotic machine behind. Jenny accidentally ruins everybody's day by causing massive collateral damage to the town. Fed up with her, everyone shuns her very presence and label her as nothing but a troublemaker.
Jenny is upset by the townspeople's attitude and is overall fed up with being unappreciated by humans. While wandering the wreck site, Jenny stumbles onto the transporter Vexus used to escape and is transported to Cluster Prime. And an object bends her pigtail, Cluster Prime is actually a robotic paradise where Jenny (not surprisingly) fits in and can be a normal teenager, even forming a group of friends who are robotic counterparts to her human friends, besides the friendly and popular Vega (voiced by Thora Birch). Jenny soon learns that the Cluster people have been lied to through the government's propaganda; they are being told that Jenny (shown as a grotesque, metal monster) is responsible for stealing the people's golden chips which grants them powers like fighting or flight.
Cluster forces led by Smytus invade Earth and enslave the people; all the while, the citizens find themselves in an extremely ironic predicament when they beg for Jenny to come and save them. Brad is determined to a be revolutionary leader and actually succeeds with childish pranks.
Jenny is soon exposed and is forced to flee but discovers that Vexus has stolen and hid the citizens' golden chips while scapegoating Jenny for the theft and that Vega is Vexus' daughter. The chips are returned to the citizens who learn the truth. Jenny is forced into a fight with Vexus with Vega coming in to save her. Vexus is forced to flee and Vega becomes queen, liberating Cluster Prime. Jenny returns to Earth, kills Smytus, and is welcomed back with cheers.
- When Jenny and her friends are at Oil Can Joe's, they are drinking from an engine. Jenny then says, "We could have had a V8." This is a reference to Campbell's V8 Juice Commercials.
- At the celebration, Tremorton is revealed to be named Tremorton because it was prone to constant tremors, and they were celebrating the city's 300th year without a quake ironically at the city Faultline.
- The planet is much like Cybertron from Transformers Animated.
- The planet and its government of Cluster Prime also alludes to Nazi Germany, while the country invades other foreign areas and occupied them (like Cluster invading Earth while Germany invades the Eastern European countries), the country itself although under a fascist regime, functions (along with its natives) as a normal society while the corrupt government uses secret police to surveillance the streets and propaganda to make their people go against the allies, filling their people with lies to hide their true deceit (Vexus scapegoating Jenny for the theft of the people's chips while Hitler commits genocide against the Jews during the Holocaust while saying to the German civilians that the Jews were deported to Madagascar).
- "Complete list of prime-time Emmy nominations". International Herald Tribune. 2006-07-06. Retrieved 2008-11-22.