Escape from Madagascar
|Escape from Madagascar|
Escape from Madagascar's first helix (pictured as Rugrats Runaway Reptar)
|Previously known as Rugrats Runaway Reptar and Sky Rocket|
|Park section||DreamWorks Experience - Madagascar Madness|
|Opening date||26 December 2002|
|Type||Steel – Suspended Family Coaster|
|Model||Suspended Family Coaster (342m)|
|Lift/launch system||Drive tire lift hill|
|Height||14.9 m (49 ft)|
|Length||342 m (1,122 ft)|
|Speed||41.8 km/h (26.0 mph)|
|Capacity||650 riders per hour|
|Height restriction||110 cm (3 ft 7 in)|
|Trains||Single train with 10 cars. Riders are arranged 2 across in a single row for a total of 20 riders per train.|
|Escape from Madagascar at RCDB
Pictures of Escape from Madagascar at RCDB
Escape from Madagascar opened on 26 December 2002 as Rugrats Runaway Reptar. It was part of the new Nickelodeon Central themed area. The roller coaster was the third of its type in the world and the first in the Southern Hemisphere. Towards the middle of 2011, Nickelodeon Central started to be rethemed into Kid's World. The change saw Rugrats Runaway Reptar renamed and rethemed into Sky Rocket. The ride remains to be Dreamworld's only children's roller coaster. In 2012, the Kid's World area was rethemed to become DreamWorks Experience. The ride was renamed Escape from Madagascar to fit the Madagascar Madness subsection it is located in.
The ride has one train, which has 10 cars with 2 seats on each car catering 650 riders per hour. The safety system consists of over-the-shoulder restraints that lock into place and then a belt-type connector that attaches the seat base to the over-the-shoulder restraints. Riders are taken up 14.8 metres (49 ft) by a wheeled lift hill, and go through a tight helix, followed by a series of small turns and drops. Upon approaching the station, the ride is slowed by a magnetic brake run. Each ride cycle takes 1.5 minutes.
- "Dreamworld & WhiteWater World Park Map". Park Map. Dreamworld. 25 June 2011. Archived from the original on 25 June 2011. Retrieved 25 June 2011.
- Dreamworld. "Get 'Nicked' at Dreamworld". Press Release. Parkz. Retrieved 25 June 2011.
- "Roller Coaster Search Results". Model Line = Suspended Family Coaster. Roller Coaster DataBase. Retrieved 25 June 2011.
- "Kid's World - Where kids really do rule". Press Release. Dreamworld. 24 June 2011. Archived from the original on 24 June 2011. Retrieved 24 June 2011.
- "Kids Rides". Dreamworld. June 2011. Archived from the original on 25 June 2011. Retrieved 25 June 2011.
- Marden, Duane. "Dreamworld". Roller Coaster DataBase. Retrieved 25 June 2011.
- "Dreamworld To Open New Dreamworks Animation Precinct". Press Release. Dreamworld. February 2012. Archived from the original on 20 February 2012. Retrieved 20 February 2012.
- Marden, Duane. "Sky Rocket (Dreamworld)". Roller Coaster DataBase. Retrieved 25 June 2011.