|Origin||New York, United States|
|Genres||Nu-disco, post-disco, disco house, funktronica, alternative dance|
|Labels||Tirk, self published|
Escort is a contemporary disco band based out of Brooklyn, New York. Founded by Dan Balis and Eugene Cho, they are known for their modern and live dance music sound. Their live performances feature a 17 piece line-up.
Founders Dan Balis and Eugene Cho met at Vassar College and started making house singles in the early 2000s. Escort started as a studio project for the duo who, "wanted to make records in the spirit of the old ones we were sampling." 
Despite being a self-proclaimed disco band they "are very careful to make music that doesn't just sound and feel old, but is actually relevant for DJs and listeners today."  Their first single "Starlight" was a critical success, which led to the band being invited to make their live debut at the P.S.1 Warm Up series. A flash mob of 300 dancers coordinated a group dance to Escort's remix of Feist's "I Feel It All" in the Eaton Center in Toronto for International Dance Day. Escort's "Starlight" was featured in DSW's (Designer Shoe Warehouse) fall 2013 commercial, "Savvy Shoe Lovers." 
Awards and recognition
- Time Out New York listed Escort as one of the top live shows of 2007.
- The video for "All Through The Night" was named as one of the top 50 videos of the 2000s by Pitchfork .
- The album Escort was listed at #40 on Rolling Stone's list of the top 50 albums of 2012, saying "Up-all-night civic pride rarely sounds so fun." 
- Escort (2011, Escort Records)
- Escort Remixed (2012, Escort Records)
- "Starlight" (2006, Escort Records)
- "Love in Indigo/Karawane" (2006, Escort Records)
- "Bright New Life/All That She Is" (2007, Escort Records)
- "All Through the Night" (2007, Escort Records)
- "Cocaine Blues" (2010, Escort Records)
- "Barbarians" (2013, Escort Records)
- "Cabaret" (2013, Escort Records)
- "Seaside Weekend", Antena (2007, Permanent Vacation)
- "French Girl", Turbo Crystal (2007, Tiny Sticks)
- "Sapphire", Zombi (2007, Throne of Blood)
- "It's All True" Tracey Thorn (2007, Virgin Records)
- "Forever" Walter Meego (2008, Almost Gold)
- "I Feel It All", Feist (2008, Cherrytree/Interscope)
- "Hollywood", RAC featuring Penguin Prison (2012, Green Label Sound)
- "Satellite", Little Boots (2013, On Repeat)
- Escort - Allmusic. Retrieved on January 09, 2012
- Escort Services Disco Itch - Nypost.Com
- Escort — The Highline Ballroom, NY | MTV IGGY
- Pitchfork: Staff Lists: The Top 100 Tracks of 2006
- Robert Christgau: Pazz & Jop 2006: Critics Poll
- #31: 2006 Best Of… - Beatz By The Pound - Stylus Magazine
- Brooklyn's Escort on "Cocaine Blues," Disco and the Rules of Ripping Off | Riff City | THIRTEEN
- "DSW Fall Commercial features 'Starlight'". Escort Records. 30 August 2013. Retrieved 2013-10-21.
- Top live shows of 2007 - Music - Time Out New York
- Pitchfork: Staff Lists: The Top 50 Music Videos of the 2000s
- Muppet! at the Disco - Page 1 - Music - New York - Village Voice
- "50 Best Albums of 2012: Escort, 'Escort'". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 2013-10-21.