Escort Magazine Vol. 25, No. 2
|Publisher||Paul Raymond Publications|
|Company||Blue Active Media Ltd|
Escort specialises in pictures of amateur (i.e. non-professional) models, some of which are sent to the magazine by readers - these are affectionately known as "readers' wives". It often features photo-shoots taken in an "ordinary" location like a pub, or outdoors at a place familiar to British readers.
Up to and including vol. 15 (1995), Escort had a distinctive 'cut-out' cover, which folded out into a poster; this 'cut-out' design allowed a few smaller pictures on the contents page to be visible, thus giving a sneak preview of other women posing in the magazine; one of these smaller pictures was usually that from the magazine's regular 'Girls of ...' feature showing women posing at various locations of that issue's chosen town.
Escort is published by Paul Raymond Publications  which also releases other similar titles including, Club International, Mayfair, Men Only, Men's World, and Razzle. Escort also has a digital identity on the official Paul Raymond site, where the hardcore imagery not found in the print version is also shown.
- Adam Briggs, Paul Cobley, "The media: an introduction", Pearson Education, 2002, ISBN 0-582-42346-5, p.477
- Karl Simms, "Ethics and the subject", Critical studies vol.8, Rodopi, 1997, ISBN 90-420-0022-8, p.208
- Peter Childs, Mike Storry, "Encyclopedia of contemporary British culture", Encyclopedias of Contemporary European Culture Series vol.4, Taylor & Francis, 1999, ISBN 0-415-14726-3, p.537
- Original cover design as shown on volume 13, number 3 (1993): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Escort_vol13_no3.jpg
- Lisa Z. Sigel, "International exposure: perspectives on modern European pornography, 1800-2000", Rutgers University Press, 2005, ISBN 0-8135-3519-0, p.167