|Founder(s)||Hari Nanda and Yuri Nanda|
|Key people||Rajan Nanda (Chairman and Managing Director) and Nikhil Nanda (Managing Director)|
|Products||Tractors, crop solutions, cranes, loaders, shock absorbers, struts, steering components, brakes for railways, couplers|
The Escorts Group is an Indian multinational engineering conglomerate that operates in the sectors of agri-machinery, construction and material handling equipment, railway equipment and auto components. Headquartered in Faridabad, Haryana, the company was launched in 1944 and has operations in more than 40 countries. Escorts Group’s management team includes Rajan Nanda as the Chairman and Managing Director and Nikhil Nanda as the Managing Director.
Escorts Agri Machinery
A pioneer of farm mechanisation in India, Escorts Agri Machinery (EAM) was launched in 1960. The company manufactures tractor under the brand names of Escort, Farmtrac and Powertrac. EAM consists of four manufacturing plants that cover an area of 134,000 sq.m. The company also has a plant in Poland, which is a 100% subsidiary and functions in the name of Farmtrac Europe.
Escorts Construction Equipment
Escorts Construction Equipment(ECE) manufacturers and markets construction and material handling equipment like cranes, loaders, vibratory rollers,Backhoe Loader and forklifts. The company introduced the concept of Pick 'n' Carry hydraulic mobile cranes in the 1970s in India. The ECE manufacturing and assembly facility is located across 250,000 sq.ft. of space in Faridabad.
Escorts Railway Products
Escorts Railway Products (ERP) is an ISO 9001 certified company that manufactures critical railway components. ERP supplies air brake system, EP brake system, draft gears and couplers, composition brake blocks, dampers and rubber components to Indian Railways.
Escorts Auto Products
Escorts Auto Products (EAP) manufactures auto suspension products such as shock absorbers, struts and telescopic front forks for the automotive industry. The company pioneered automotive shock absorber manufacturing in India in 1966 in technical collaboration with Fichtel & Sachs, Germany. The EAP manufacturing unit is spread across an area of 12,500 sq. ft. in Faridabad.
Knowledge Management Centre
Set up in 1976, the Escorts Knowledge Management Centre (KMC) is spread over 100,000 sq.m. area in Faridabad. This centre designs the entire tractor – engine, transmission plus hydraulic systems and vehicle design consisting of sheet metal (including styling), controls and accessories.
The KMC has facilities such as engine laboratory featuring computerized test beds with online control, data acquisition and analysis, advanced vehicle testing laboratory, noise vibration and harshness lab, metrology lab, and materials engineering lab. The KMC uses 3D-modeling, analysis and simulation software for engines, transmissions and vehicles. Physical prototypes are then tested for performance, durability and reliability.
Awards and Recognitions
- Industry Leadership Award to Escorts for pioneering work in agri-mechanization revolution (Agriculture Leadership Summit, 2010)
- Greentech Environment ‘Gold’ Award to the Escorts Knowledge Management Centre for outstanding achievement in environment management in the engineering sector (2011)
- Greentech Safety ‘Silver’ Award to Escorts Agri Machinery for achievement in safety management in engineering sector (2011)
- Business Leader in Safety Award to Escorts Agri Machinery for encouraging innovation in the field of safety and quality (Safety Innovation Awards, 2011)
- Best Supplier for Development in Suspension Award to Escorts Auto Products from Suzuki Motorcycle India Pvt. Ltd. (2012)
- Template:Http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2013-05-23/news/39475719 1 nikhil-nanda-escorts-s-sridhar"Escorts' promoters Nanda family in middle of increasing control over company". Economic Times Website. May 8, 2012.
- "Escorts launches two new tractor models". Zee News Website. May 29, 2012.
- "Escorts eyes high end tractor segment". Business Standard. May 16, 2012.
- "Escorts inks pact with US firmsegment". Indian Express. January 11, 2012.
- "Escorts Appoint Pahwa As Head, Auto Suspension Products Division". Automotive Horizons Website. January 2011.