Escuela Libre de Derecho
Escuela Libre de Derecho is a prestigious law school in Mexico. Founded in 1912, it has among its alumni some of the most distinguished Mexican attorneys. It is located on Dr Vertiz 12 in Colonia Doctores in Mexico City.
- Emilio Portes Gil, 41st President of Mexico (1928-1930)
- Felipe Calderón, 56th President of Mexico (2006-2012)
- Carlos María Abascal Carranza, Secretary of the Interior (2005-2006)
- Fernando Gómez-Mont, Secretary of the Interior (2008-2011)
- Javier Lozano Alarcón, Secretary of Labor (2006-2011)
The Escuela Libre de Derecho was founded on July 24, 1912. Several alumni had protested that Luis Cabrera had been imposed as the dean of the Escuela Nacional de Jurisprudencia, overlooking Don Jorge Vera Estañol. It is considered by now one of the best Mexican law schools.
- Pedro Lascuráin, former President of México.
- Miguel Mancera, former Governor of the Banco de México
- Manuel Borja Soriano
- Felipe Tena Ramírez
- Ramón Sánchez Medal
- José Luis de la Peza
- Manuel Herrera y Lasso
- Carlos Müggenburg y Rodríguez-Vigil
- Diego Martín del Campo y Souza
- Fauzi Hamdan Amad
- Arturo Zaldívar Lelo de Larrea
- Javier Lozano Alarcón
- Mauricio Oropeza Segura
- Luis Pazos
- Luis Ruiz Rueda
- Luis Ruiz Quiroz