From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up escutcheon or escutcheons in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Escutcheon may refer to:
- Escutcheon (heraldry), a shield or shield-shaped emblem, displaying a coat of arms
- Escutcheon (furniture), an item of door furniture that surrounds a keyhole or lock cylinder
- Escutcheon (firearms), a piece of metal inlet into the wood on the wrist of a gunstock between the tang and the stock comb as decoration and/or engraved for identification.
- a decorative plate that surrounds a faucet in a bathtub or shower
- (in medicine) the distribution of pubic hair
- (in veterinary medicine) the shield-like pattern of distribution of the haircoat in the area below the vulva, down to the top of the udder, in the cow
- a plate on the stern of a ship inscribed with the ship's name
- A protective cover over circuit breakers in electrical distribution boards.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.