|Beauty pageant titleholder|
Esha Gupta promotes Jannat 2
28 November 1985 |
New Delhi, India
|Height||1.71 m (5 ft 7 1⁄2 in)|
|Title(s)||Femina Miss India International 2007|
|Femina Miss India 2007
Miss International 2007
Esha Gupta (born 28 November 1985) is an Indian actress who appears in Bollywood films. A model, she came 3rd in Femina Miss India in 2007 and went to compete in the Miss India International contest and was not placed. Gupta appeared in Kingfisher Swimsuit Calendar in 2010. In 2012, she was signed by Mahesh Bhatt for a three-film contract with Vishesh Films and made her screen debut in Kunal Deshmukh's Jannat 2 which was commercially successful, and followed it with Vikram Bhatt's Raaz 3D (also financially successful) and Prakash Jha's Chakravyuh.
Gupta was born in Delhi. Her father is a retired air-force officer and her mother is a homemaker. she has a sister named Neha. She was studying Mass Communication from Manipal Institute of Communication, Manipal University, Karnataka prior to auditioning for Femina Miss India, and got a law scholarship at Newcastle University, but she pursued a career in Bollywood instead.
 For her debut performance, Taran Adarsh of Boollywood Hungama said, "Debutante Esha Gupta enchants you with her captivating charm. She appears a tad unrefined at places, nonetheless she handles her part assertively." Martin D'Souza of Glam Sham wrote, "As for the debutante, Esha Gupta, I guess she may have to enroll herself into an acting school." Gaurav Malani stated, "Esha Gupta, who looks a mix between Lara Dutta and Isha Koppikar, is merely there for the glam quotient." Asha Mahadevan of Bollywoodlife said, "Even Esha Gupta manages to cry somewhat convincingly but then there is hardly anything for her to do. Her role is limited to looking sexy and she does it well." The film was a success at the box office, earning ₹430 million (US$6.8 million) domestically and thus brought in more recognition for Gupta. Later, Gupta signed Vikram Bhatt's Raaz 3D alongside her Jannat 2 co-star, Emraan Hashmi and Bipasha Basu, Gupta received mixed reviews from critics for her acting prowess, film critic Taran Adarsh commented, "Esha Gupta appears awkward and self-conscious in the initial portions, but holds a few sequences graciously in the subsequent hour. I'd like to single out a scene when she has delusions of cockroaches attacking her. Her act in that particular scene is super".
Film critic Komal Nahta noted, "Esha Gupta is stiff as Sanjana but does much better towards the end (when she almost goes berserk)". India Today wrote, "Both Bipasha and Esha get liberal scope to show off booty. A Bhatt film where the heroines don't get to flaunt it is unimaginable, after all, Bipasha looks hot in her starring role but Esha reveals a few raw edges". 'Raaz 3' performed well at box office within first three days of its release with collections in the vicinity of 360 million. Raaz 3 was declared a blockbuster, earning ₹730 million (US$12 million) domestically.
Esha has also appeared in her third film, which is her first film outside of the Vishesh Films banner, Chakravyuh alongside Arjun Rampal and Abhay Deol directed by Prakash Jha. She received positive reviews for her performance in the film which was a commercial failure. For this, She was ranked No. 13 at Times' 50 Most Desirable Women of 2012.
In 2014, Esha was seen in Sajid Khan's Comic Caper Humshakals alongside Saif Ali Khan, Ritesh Deshmukh, Ram Kapoor, Bipasha Basu and Tamannaah. Box Office India declared it a disaster. She was Ranked in 8th position at Times '50 most desirable Women of 2013 and was well appreciated for her Club Song in "Gori Tere Pyaar Mein" titled "Dhat teri Ki" with Imran Khan, it became a "chartbuster".
In 2015, Esha again did a special appearance in the song tittle "Beparwah" in highly successful action drama Baby. Her next Venture will be Neeraj Vora highly acclaimed Comedy drama film Phir Hera Pheri sequel Hera Pheri 3 opposite John Abraham. Esha will be seen playing a role, which gives her enough opportunity to show off her sexy dance moves. She is learning Jazz Contemporary, belly and Hip-Hop to Enhance her dancing skills in the film. The film will also stars Sunil Shetty, Neha Sharma, Abhishek Bachchan, Paresh Rawal and Urvashi Rautela in the lead. She has been Ranked 15th position in Times '50 most desirable Women of 2014 , due to her performance in the film "Humshakals". Hence, the film was a Big Failure at the Box office. But, her role as Doctor in the film was highly appreciated and being in the news for "Hera Pheri 3" makes her an "Icon of desirability".
In 2015 only, Esha will be debuting in a Telugu/Tamil (Bilingual), yet to be. Titled Action, thriller and Suspense film, which is to be directed by Tatineni Satya, Esha will be seen playing Sachiin J Joshi love interest in the film, who is playing a role of a Kabaddi player. The director of the film added "Shooting of the film will get kickstart in Poland on May 27th, 2015. From this week Esha will undergo a workshop to get her diction right in Tamil and Telugu". According to Director, Esha Gupta will be seen playing a very Glamorous Role in the flim. When director Tatineni Satya narrate the script to her, She signed the film, without any second thought in her mind. The shooting of the film is set to start on 27 May 2015. Tatineni Satya added "The first schedule of the film will start in Poland, where we will shoot for the first song from the film".
Last but not the least, ln the year 2016 Esha will be seen sharing screen space with Upen Patel in Vishesh Films next, tentatively titled "Hum Aap Aur Pyaar", it was schedule to release Earlier, but due to some speculation it has been shifted further, it will be a Musical Romantic Journey between the duo. The Shooting of the film will take place in lavish points of "South Africa".
|2012||Jannat 2"||Dr. Jhanvi Singh Tomar||Debut film||Hindi|
|2012||Raaz 3D||Sanjana Krishna|
|2013||Gori Tere Pyaar Mein||Nisha||Special appearance in song "Dhat Teri Ki"||Hindi|
|2014||Humshakals||Dr. Shivani Gupta||Hindi|
|2015||Baby||Herself||Special appearance in song "Beparwah"||Hindi|
|2015||Hera Pheri 3||TBA(To Be Announced)||Pre-production||Hindi|
|2015||Untitled Bilingual Film||TBA(To Be Announced)||Tollywood Debut Film||Tamil/Telugu|
|2016||Vishesh Films next||TBA(To Be Announced)||Pre-production||Hindi|
Esha Gupta is pretty face of Add World. She has many deals in her hands including some Big Brands such as Splash(Clothing and Footwear)), Yepme(Clothing and Footwear), Maybelline(Colossal Kajal), Batta(footwear), Garnier(Hair Shampoo)etc...
She has always been in demand by Big Cosmetic brands also, such as Lakme. But her believe in natural and healthy beauty, refused her taking deals with high enumerations and by being simple, she found herself healthier and Natural in looks, rather than decorating it.
In 2014, She was Signed as Female Brand Ambassador of Fashion brand "Splash" , which Salman Khan was already endorsing for. She was Signed without any Second Thought as "Female Representative of Splash India" .
In the same year only, She was also Signed as Brand Ambassador of "Yepme" which was also a Clothing Brand. She was approached with a contract of one year, which includes a T.V. Add also. Yepme was earlier Endorsed by Farhan Akhtar. After Esha, "Shah Rukh Khan" was Signed to Endorse Yepme. In the year 2015, "Rhea Chakraborty" was given the opportunity to Endorse the same brand.
|2012||NAT GEO's Super Cars||National Geographic Channel India||Host|
|2012||C.I.D||Sony TV||Herself - To Promote Raaz 3D|
|2014||"Comedy Nights With Kapil"||Colors TV||Herself - To Promote Humshakals|
Awards and Nominations
|2013||Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut||Jannat 2||Nominated|
|2013||Stardust Award for Superstar of Tomorrow – Female||Jannat 2 / Raaz 3||Nominated|
|2013||Stardust Award for Best Actress||Chakravyuh||Nominated|
- 2013: FHM World's Sexiest 100 Women:#55
- 2013: Times of India's Hotlist 2012 Most Promising Female Newcomer: No. 5
- 2013: Times of India's Most Desirable Women of 2012 No. 13 out of 50.
- 2014: Times of India's Most Desirable Woman of 2013 No. 8 out of 50.
- 2015: Times of India's Most Desirable Women of 2014 No.15 out of 50.
- "Esha Gupta's birthday wish: To do a masala film - Entertainment - DNA". Dnaindia.com. 28 November 2012. Retrieved 10 April 2013.
- "Esha Gupta Bio". Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "Esha Gupta's birthday- The Times of India Photogallery Page 2". Photogallery.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 13 August 2012.
- "Miss India Winners 2007 - Miss India - Title Holders - Femina Miss India - Indiatimes". Feminamissindia.indiatimes.com. 16 July 2012. Retrieved 13 August 2012.
- "Planet glamour Act II". Financialexpress.com. 13 August 2012. Retrieved 2 November 2012.
- "Celeb Fitness Mantras: Esha Gupta". iDiva. Retrieved 14 December 2012.
- "Esha and Neha Gupta at the launch of Omega's 'Ladymatic' watch at Taj Palace, Delhi on November 23, 2011". Photogallery.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 10 April 2013.
- "Bollywood wasn’t Esha Gupta’s first choice". Hindustan Times. 15 January 2013. Retrieved 10 April 2013.
- "Esha Gupta - Femina Miss India 2007 Contestants - Indiatimes.com". Feminamissindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 14 August 2012.
- ninjas. "Sexy Kingfisher Calendar Girls | guylife.com | Page 4". guylife.com. Retrieved 13 August 2012.
- "/ Emraan is USP of Jannat 2: Esha Gupta". Indiavision.com. 25 April 2012. Retrieved 13 August 2012.
- Esha Gupta Biography
- "Jannat 2 (2012) | Hindi Movie Critic Review By Taran Adarsh". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 13 August 2012.
- "Jannat 2 movie review". glamsham.com. 4 May 2012. Retrieved 13 August 2012.
- Gaurav Malani (4 May 2012). "Jannat 2: Movie Review - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 13 August 2012.
- "JANNAT 2 movie review: A gritty and unabashed potboiler". Bollywoodlife.com. Retrieved 13 August 2012.
- "Raaz 3 (2012) | Hindi Movie Critic Review By Taran Adarsh". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 2 November 2012.
- "Raaz 3 Movie Review | Emraan Hashmi, Bipasha Basu, Esha Gupta". Koimoi.com. 27 October 2012. Retrieved 2 November 2012.
- "Critics report: Raaz 3 gets mixed reviews". Hindustan Times. 7 September 2012. Retrieved 2 November 2012.
- "Movie review: Raaz 3 : Reviews, News - India Today". Indiatoday.intoday.in. 7 September 2012. Retrieved 2 November 2012.
- "‘Raaz 3′ has Fantastic Weekend, on a Record Breaking Spree at the Box Office". Koimoi.com. Retrieved 2 November 2012.
- Lalwani, Vickey (3 June 2013). "Sajid Khan replaces Jacqueline with Esha". Times of India. Retrieved 4 June 2013.
- http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/bollywood/news/Esha-Gupta-to-shoot-for-the-theme-song-of-Baby/articleshow/45741664.cms. Missing or empty
- http://m.timesofindia.com/entertainment/hindi/bollywood/news/HEARD-THIS-Esha-Gupta-and-John-Abraham-pair-up-in-Hera-Pheri-3/articleshow/46711415.cms. Missing or empty
- http://businessofcinema.com/bollywood_news/esha-gupta-to-learn-different-dance-forms-for-hera-pheri-3/206597. Missing or empty
- http://m.indiaglitz.com/esha-gupta-to-make-her-telugu-debut-hindi-news-132903.html. Missing or empty
- http://m.indiaglitz.com/esha-gupta-enters-kollywood-tamil-news-133023.html. Missing or empty
- http://zeenews.india.com/entertainment/regional/esha-gupta-to-undergo-workshop-for-telugu-debut_1598264.html. Missing or empty
- http://www.glamsham.com/movies/scoops/09/mar/05-upens-hum-aap-aur-pyaar-set-to-be-multi-crore-affair-030904.asp. Missing or empty
- Esha Gupta to host Supercars on National Geographic Channel, 4 September 2012
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Esha Gupta.|