Eslite Bookstore (Chinese: 誠品書店, pinyin: Chéngpǐn shūdiàn) is one of the largest retail bookstore chains in Taiwan. It also provides one of the largest English language publications and translation materials in Taiwan. Its headquarters are in Xinyi District, Taipei.
Brief history 
Eslite was established in 1989. The first shop was located in Dunhua South Road, Daan District, Taipei, with a focus and emphasis on art and humanities-related books. Since then, the company has expanded and set up more shops and increased its range of titles on offer. Eslite Bookstore was the first to set up a 24-hour bookstore in Taiwan at its Dunhua store, attracting night-time readers.
Eslite also expanded into retail, and opened up Eslite Mall.
- 1974: established Chen-Jian Corp, importing wholeset kitchenware.
- 1989: established Eslite Corp, first Eslite bookstore built at Taipei Dunhua South Road.
- 1996: established Eslite Retail Group.
- 2000: established Eslite Transportation Group, expanded to food and drinks, appliances, and online sales, established Eslite Global Network Corp.
- 2001: established Eslite Logistics Corp at Taoyuan, Nankan.
- 2002: Eslite Retail group and Transportation group combined into Life group, introduced Eslite's operation motto as humanity, art, creativity, and life.
- At midnight on January 1, 2006, Eslite's new flagship bookstore, located in Taipei's Xinyi District, opened for business. With about 8,000m² of floorspace, it became the largest bookstore chain in Taiwan.
Eslite has a total of 48 branches, 1 children's bookstore, and 4 music stores in Taiwan. Most of its target market are in cities, such as Taipei, Keelung, Yungho, Banchiao, Sanchung, Yilan, Chungli, Hsinchu, Fengyuan, Taichung, Chiayi, Tainan, Kaohsiung, and Pingtung.
Related businesses 
- Eslite Musicstore
- Eslite Coffeehouse
- Eslite Winery
- Eslite Teahouse
See also 
External links