Especially for You (Don Williams album)
|Especially for You|
|Studio album by Don Williams|
|Recorded||Sound Emporium Studios, Nashville, TN|
|Producer||Don Williams and Garth Fundis|
|Don Williams chronology|
Especially for You is the title of the eleventh studio album released by country music artist Don Williams. It was released in 1981 (see 1981 in country music). Three singles were released from the album which all reached the top ten. These were "Miracles" (#4), "If I Needed You" (with Emmylou Harris) (#3) and "Lord, I Hope This Day Is Good" (#1). The album peaked at #5 in the U.S. and reached #109 on the Billboard 200. This album, paired with his previous album, I Believe in You, were re-released on one CD in 1989. 
His name is embossed on the upper part of the cover and is not visible on scans.
Many songs on this album are covers of earlier songs or would later be covered by other artists. "Fair-weather Friends" was released by its co-writer, Johnny Cash in 1982 on his album, The Adventures of Johnny Cash. "Years from now" was previously recorded by Bobbi Humphrey in 1977 and would later be made famous by Dr. Hook. "Lord, I Hope This Day is Good" has been covered by Anne Murray and by Lee Ann Womack on her 2000 album, I Hope You Dance. The duet with Emmylou Harris, "If I Needed You", was first recorded by Townes Van Zandt on his 1972 album, The Late Great Townes Van Zandt.
- "Fair-weather Friends" (Joe Allen, Johnny Cash) - 4:14
- "I Don't Want to Love You" (Bob McDill) - 4:04
- "Years from Now" (Roger Cook, Charles Cochran) - 2:41
- "Lord, I Hope This Day Is Good" (Dave Hanner) - 4:06
- "Especially You" (Rick Beresford) - 2:30
- "If I Needed You" (Townes Van Zandt) - 3:25
- Duet with Emmylou Harris
- "Now and Then" (Wayland Holyfield) - 3:21
- "Smooth Talking Baby" (David Kirby, Red Lane) - 3:07
- "I've Got You to Thank for That" (Blake Mevis, Don Pfrimmer) - 2:32
- "Miracles" (Cook) - 3:01
- All tracks produced by Don Williams and Garth Fundis except for "If I Needed You", which was co-produced with Brian Ahern.
- Recorded at Sound Emporium Studios by Garth Fundis and Gary Laney
- Remixed by Garth Fundis and Don Williams
- Mastered by Glenn Meadows at Masterfonics, Nashville
from liner notes
- Joe Allen - electric and upright bass
- Charles Cochran - piano, organ, Prophet Synthesizer
- Roger Cook - ukelele and harmony vocals on "Miracles"
- Garth Fundis - harmony and background vocals
- Lloyd Green - steel guitar
- David Kirby - acoustic guitar, electric guitar
- Shelley Kurland - violin solo on "Now and Then"
- Pat McLaughlin - mandolin
- Kenny Malone - conga, bongos, tambourine, shakers, drums
- Billy Sanford - acoustic guitar
- Biff Watson - synthesizer, gut string guitar
- Don Williams - lead and background vocals, acoustic guitar
|U.S. Billboard Top Country Albums||5|
|U.S. Billboard 200||109|
- Especially for You (LP). Don Williams. MCA Records. 1981. 5210.
- WesterGaard, Sean. "Don Williams — Especially for You/I Believe in You". Allmusic. Retrieved 2009-10-11.[dead link]