Espen Gaarder Haug
Espen Gaarder Haug is an author, quantitative trader and arbitrageur specializing in options and other derivatives. He holds a Ph.D. degree from NTNU (Norwegian University of Science and Technology). He is best known for his book The Complete Guide to Option Pricing Formulas.
He is also a regular columnist for Wilmott Magazine. Espen G. Haug has worked as a trader for J.P. Morgan Chase in New York City, Chemical Banking, Paloma Partners, Tempus Financial Engineering, and Den norske Bank. Haug is on the faculty of the Certificate in Quantitative Finance where he lectures on practical aspects of derivatives trading.
He is also a professor of finance at the Norwegian University of Life Sciences.
- The Complete Guide to Option Pricing Formulas 2nd edition. New York: McGraw-Hill. 2006. ISBN 0-07-138997-0.
- Derivatives: Models On Models. New York: John Wiley & Sons. 2007. ISBN 0-470-01322-2.
Representative scientific publications
- Haug, E.G. and Taleb, N.N. (2011): "Option traders use (very) sophisticated heuristics, never the Black-Scholes-Merton formula," Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization
- Haug, E.G. and Stevenson, J. (2009): Options Embedded in Physical Money, Wilmott Magazine 1/2009
- Haug, E.G. and Taleb, N.N. (2008): Why We Have Never Used the Black-Scholes-Merton Option Pricing Formula, http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1012075, Wilmott Magazine 1/2008
- Haug, E.G. (2007): The Illusion of Risk-Free and the Deeper Meaning of Risk-Neutral Valuation" Wilmott Magazine, September
- Haug, E.G. (2005): Hidden Conditions and Coin Flip Blow Ups" Wilmott Magazine, Mar/Apr,
- Haug, E.G. (2004): Why so Negative to Negative Probabilities" Wilmott Magazine, September, see also negative probability
- Haug, E.G. (2004): Space-time Finance, The Relativity Theory's Implications for Mathematical Finance" Wilmott Magazine 
- Haug, E.G. and Javaheri, A. and Wilmott, P. (2004): GARCH and Volatility Swaps, Quantitative Finance, Volume 4
- Haug, E.G. (2001): Closed Form Valuation of American Barrier Options, International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance
- Haug, E.G. (1993): "Opportunities and Perils of Using Option Sensitivities," The Journal of Financial Engineering.
- 2004: Outstanding Contribution to Quantitative Finance (Implementation), Wilmott Awards
- Harvard Business Review
- Personal website
- Quant Finance Art
- Interview with Espen Haug in french
- On Norwegian TV
- In Financial Times
- Discussion on Haug Taleb in Forbes
- Discussion in Financial Times, Haug and Taleb in relation to the Black-Scholes formula
- Financial gurus