|Distribution||Floppy disc, download|
Esper Dream (エスパードリーム Esupā Dorīmu?) is an action role-playing game (RPG) for the Family Computer Disk System developed and published by Konami on February 20, 1987. During this time, RPGs had a particular look and feel, primarily utilizing sword and magic motifs. Esper Dream takes place instead in a fairy tale world featuring a young boy with ESP talents who wields a gun.
Konami released the game as an i-application for cellular phone use as part of the Konami masterpiece series on February 1, 2007. In the same year, it was made available for download in Japan as part of the Wii Virtual Console on October 2.
Roaming and static enemy positions are made visible in the world as a set of paw prints. Fights take place in an enclosed area where the player must shoot the enemies until they are eliminated. Traditional RPG elements include the collection of experience points and money by defeating monsters, increasing hit points and esper points (magic) through level raises, and purchasing better equipment from towns located deeper in the game.
Esper Dream 1 & 2 was released for Soundtrack CD on July 2014 in Japan, Published by EGG Music Records.
- Nintendo staff. "VC エスパードリーム" (in Japanese). Nintendo. Retrieved April 21, 2012.
- Famitsu staff (January 31, 2007). "超能力で戦え！ 『エスパードリーム』がコナミネットDXに仲間入り". Famitsu (in Japanese). Enterbrain. Retrieved April 21, 2012.
- Spencer (September 28, 2007). "Turbo Duo games storm next month’s virtual console list". Siliconera. Retrieved April 21, 2012.
- Esper Dream at Nintendo (Japanese)
- Esper Dream at Konami Mobile (Japanese)
- Esper Dream guide at StrategyWiki
|This action role-playing game article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Konami-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|