|Traded as||BSE: 500630
|Key people||Shashi Ruia
(CEO & MD)
|Revenue||12.15 billion (US$200 million) (2010-2011)|
Essar Shipping Ltd. now Essar Shipping Ports & Logistics Limited is an Indian shipping and logistics corporation with a focus on transportation solutions for the global energy business. The company is a part of Essar Group. It was started in 1945. The company is listed in Bombay Stock Exchange BSE: 500630. The company headquarters is located in Mumbai.
The company's fleet handles a daily average of eight million barrels of crude oil, 320,000 barrels of petroleum products and 355,000 tons of dry bulk cargo. The company currently has a fleet of 26 vessels, with an additional 12 new ships on order. It provides contract drilling services to global oil majors, with a fleet of 13 onshore rigs and one semi-submersible offshore rig; two new jack-up rigs on order. Essar Shipping Ports & Logistics Ltd was the first Indian shipping company to obtain the International Safety Management Code (ISM) in 1995 and is also ISO 14001 certified.
Company has a diversified fleet of 26 vessels including VLCCs, Capesize, Mini-capesize, Supramaxes, mini-bulk carriers & tugs.It provides crude oil and petroleum products transportation, transportation management services and integrated dry bulk transportation services. It has provided service for more than 220 ship years to leading Indian and global oil majorsand commodity traders.
- Provides crude oi865464l and product transportation services
- More than 225 ship years of service to leading Indian and global oil majors and commodity traders; tonnage presently stands at 2 million tonnes
Ports and terminals
It provides end-to-end logistics services – from ships to ports, lighterage services to plants, intra-plant logistics and dispatching finished products to the final customer. It owns transhipment assets to provide lighterage support services, onshore & offshore logistics services. It manages a fleet of 4,200 trucks for inland transportation of steel and petroleum products.
- Owns transhipment assets to provide lighterage support services, onshore & offshore logistics services
- Manages a fleet of 4,200 trucks for inland transportation of steel and petroleum products
Provides contract drilling and Integrated Project Management services to oil and gas companies worldwide, operating both offshore and onshore in diverse countries.
- Owns a fleet of 14 rigs, which includes 1 semi-submersible rig and 13 onshore rigs
- Sea transportation: On order book of 4 new building vessels
- Oilfields services: Two new jack-up rigs on order
- The Hindu, Sunday, Oct 03, 2004 - Essar Shipping: Buy, by S. Vaidya Nathan
- CorporateInformation Snapshot of Essar Shipping Limited