Essential Records (Christian)
|Parent company||Sony Music Entertainment|
|Genre||Contemporary Christian music|
|Country of origin||U.S.|
It was established in 1992 and acquired by Brentwood Music in 1993. The label's first big hit release was "Flood" by Jars of Clay in 1996. The song was a hit on mainstream radio before hitting on Christian formats; it hit No. 12 on the Billboard Modern Rock Tracks chart and appeared in the Hot 100. Today it is part of the Provident Label Group, a division of Sony Music Entertainment.
The current roster of artists:
- Andy Cherry
- Building 429
- Elevation Worship
- Matt Maher
- The Neverclaim
- One Sonic Society
- The Royal Royal
- Royal Tailor
- Third Day
- Rhett Walker Band
- Warren Barfield
- Brooke Barrettsmith (active)
- Caedmon's Call (active, with INO Records)
- Day of Fire (inactive)
- FFH (inactive)
- Grey Holiday (disbanded)
- Jars of Clay (active, with Gray Matters
- KJ-52 (active, with BEC Records)
- Krystal Meyers (inactive)
- Bebo Norman (active, with BEC Records)
- Andrew Peterson (active, with Centricity Music)
- Pillar (active)
- Plumb (active, with Curb Records)
- Kerrie Roberts (active, with Reunion Records)
- Tal & Acacia (active)
- True Vibe (disbanded)
- V*Enna (disbanded)
- "Essential Records". MyMusicWay.com. Retrieved 4 June 2010.
- "Can Christian Acts Depend on Radio?". Billboard magazine. Retrieved 4 June 2010.
- "Artists roster". Essential Records. Retrieved April 2, 2012.
- "Record Labels". Google. Retrieved 4 June 2010.[dead link]
- Jesusfreakhideout.com: Day Of Fire Discography, Day Of Fire Artist Database, Day Of Fire Lyrics jesusfreakhideout.com. Retrieved 04-29-2011.
- "Kerrie Roberts". Retrieved 3 February 2011.