Essex County Vocational Technical Schools
|Essex County Vocational Technical Schools|
|Superintendent:||Joseph Zarra (Interim)|
|Business Administrator:||Anthony Abbaleo|
|Address:||60 Nelson Place, 1 North
Newark, New Jersey 07102
|Enrollment:||2,071 (as of 2010-11)|
|Faculty (in FTEs):||189.0|
| %± vs.
|10||Operations & Maintenance||3,049||13||2,906||4.9%|
|16||Median Teacher Salary||65,910||17||64,402|
|Data from NJDoE 2013 Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending.
*Of Vocational districts with any number of students. Lowest spending=1; Highest=21
The Essex County Vocational Technical Schools is a regional public school district that offers occupational and academic instruction for public high school and adult students in Essex County, New Jersey, United States. Founded in 1914, the district is one of the state's largest and oldest vocational education system.
All high schools provide academic and occupational programs for grades 9 to 12, offering both full and shared time to both general education and special needs students.
Awards and recognition
During the 2009-10 school year, Bloomfield Tech High School was awarded the Blue Ribbon School Award of Excellence by the United States Department of Education, the highest award an American school can receive.
During the 2012-13 academic year, West Caldwell Tech High School was recognized as a Blue Ribbon School Award of Excellence by the U.S. Department of Education, one of 17 schools in the state to receive the award that year.
- Bloomfield Tech High School in Bloomfield (475 students)
- Eric Love, Principal
- Kristie M. Howard, Vice Principal
- Newark Tech High School in Newark (723 students)
- Oge Denis Jr. Principal
- Aiysha Ingram-Robinson, Vice Principal
- North 13th Street Tech in Newark (635 students)
- Patricia Clark-Jeter, Principal
- Richard McNanna, Vice Principal
- West Caldwell Tech in West Caldwell (238 students)
- Chetram Singh, Principal
The district offers adult programs in the evening at the Newark Tech and Bloomfield Tech centers, and during the day at the Adult Training Center in East Orange.
- Joseph Zarra, Interim Superintendent of Schools
- Anthony Abbaleo, Business Administrator / Board Secretary
- District information for the Essex County Vocational School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed May 20, 2013. Page only showed total faculty; Enrollment was calculated from each individual school and ratio was calculated by division.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- About Us, Essex County Vocational Technical Schools. Accessed May 20, 2013.
- 2009 Blue Ribbon Schools: All Public and Private Schools, United States Department of Education. Accessed May 20, 2013.
- Giannantonio, Christina. "West Caldwell Tech is designated a Blue Ribbon school", The Star-Ledger, September 25, 2012. Accessed May 20, 2013. "This month West Caldwell Tech was named a 2012 National Blue Ribbon School by the U.S. Department of Education, one of only 17 schools in the state and 269 school nationwide to receive the designation."
- School Data for the Essex County Vocational Technical Schools, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed September 29, 2013.
- New Jersey School Directory for the Essex County Vocational Technical Schools, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed May 20, 2013.
- Administration, Essex County Vocational Technical Schools. Accessed September 29, 2013.
- New Jersey School Directory, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed May 20, 2013.
- Essex County Vocational Technical Schools
- Essex County Vocational Technical Schools's 2012–13 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- Data for the Essex County Vocational Technical Schools, National Center for Education Statistics