Essex National Heritage Commission
The Essex National Heritage Commission (ENHC) is a non-profit organization charted to oversee the Essex National Heritage Area, a National Heritage Area composed of all of Essex County, Massachusetts.
The commission promotes the cultural heritage with public and private partnerships and with the National Park Service by developing programs that enhance, preserve and encourage regional awareness of the area's unique historic, cultural and natural resources.
The commission is based in Salem.
- See also: Essex Heritage
Events and Programs
The organization has sponsored a number of events and programs that celebrate the region’s history, character and cultural heritage. These include:
- Essex Heritage Partnership Grant Program
- Border to Boston – an Eight Community Recreational Path
- Teaching American History Grants
- Using ESSEX History
- Area Guides
- First Period Guide to Architecture
- Guide to the Great Outdoors
- Guide to Farms and Agriculture
- Trails & Sails: Two Weekend of Walks and Water
- Essex Heritage Explorers Membership Program
- Visitor Centers
- Heritage Landscape Inventory
- Essex Heritage Scenic Byway
- Photo Safaris