Pichilemu railway station in 2004.
|Alternative names||Ex Estación de Ferrocarriles|
|Address||Aníbal Pinto avenue.|
|Construction started||Circa 1925|
|Owner||Municipality of Pichilemu|
Estación Pichilemu, also known as the Estación de Ferrocarriles de Pichilemu (Spanish: Railway station of Pichilemu) was a railway station in Pichilemu, Chile. It is a wood construction dated circa 1925, located in front of the Petrel Lake, near Daniel Ortúzar Avenue ( ). It remained in operation until the 1990s, and became a National Monument on September 16, 1994. It has since become an arts and culture center, and tourism information office. It exhibits decorative and practical objects from the 1920s, and features many old suits.
357 kilometres (222 mi) of railway line were constructed in the O'Higgins Region, but only 161 kilometres (100 mi) still exists. The 119 kilometres (74 mi) San Fernando–Pichilemu section was constructed over a period of 57 years between 1869 and 1926. Passenger services operated on the line until 1986 and freight services were operational until 1995.
- Antonio Saldías González (1990). Pichilemu: Mis fuentes de información (in Spanish). El Promoucae. Retrieved 2010-01-12.
- "Monumentos Nacionales de la VI Región" (in Spanish). VI.cl. Retrieved 2009-12-05.
- María José Muñoz (2007-02-24). "Atractivos de nuestra región. Hoy: Pichilemu" (in Spanish). El Rancahuaso. Retrieved 2009-12-05.
- Benedicto González (2007-12-02). "Historia del ferrocarril San Fernando a Pichilemu" (in Spanish). PichilemuNews.cl. Retrieved 2009-12-05.
- Juan Cornejo Acuña & Juan Cornejo Torrealba (2007). Historia del Ferrocarril San Fernando a Pichilemu: 1869-2007 (in Spanish). Santiago.
- "Historia del Ferrocarril San Fernando a Pichilemu" (in Spanish). De Colchagua. Retrieved 2009-12-05.
- Media related to Estación de Ferrocarriles de Pichilemu at Wikimedia Commons
|This Pichilemu-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about transport in Chile is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|