Estefanía (1979) is a Venezuelan telenovela that was produced by and broadcast on Venezuela's Radio Caracas Televisión. The story idea was conceived by Humberto (Kiko) Olivieri and Julio César Marmol. Written by José Ignacio Cabrujas and Julio César Marmol, and directed by César Bolívar and Julio César Marmol, the series lasted 208 episodes. It was distributed internationally by Coral International.
This story of love, persecution and intrigue in the underground struggle against a dictatorship. Set against a background of torture, jail and conspiracy which provide a sense of constant suspense and fast-paced action. "Estefanía" is the most famous actress in the world although her brother is richer. Eventually, as the government topples from power, all parties involved, the good and the bad, receive their just rewards.
- Pierina España as Estefanía Gallardo
- José Luis Rodríguez as Luis Alberto Seijas "El Guácharo"
- Gustavo Rodríguez as Pedro Escobar
- Tomás Henríquez as Manuel Fulvio Lanz
- Grecia Colmenares as Ana Maria Escobar
- Arturo Calderón as Jose Francisco Gallardo
- Mahuampi Acosta as Mama Rosa
- Agustina Martín as Petra Seijas
- Rafael Briceño as Jesus Maria Seijas
- Amalia Pérez Díaz as Rosalia
- Henry Zakka as Gabo Seijas
- Patricia Noguera as Chepina
- Luis Rivas as Perez Jimenez
- María Conchita Alonso as Silvana Cataldo
- Alan Garcia Perez as "el mudito"
- Nury Flores