Esterel Technologies is a supplier of model-based design, validation, and code generation tools for safety-critical software and hardware applications. Esterel’s tools create formal specifications that produce control designs code in software and/or hardware.
Esterel Technologies, a wholly owned subsidiary of ANSYS, Inc., has offices in Élancourt, France, and Mountain View, California. Esterel also has direct sales offices in Ottobrunn, Germany, Bracknell, United Kingdom, and Shanghai, P.R. China. Distributors in Japan, China, South Korea, Israel, and India complement the Esterel direct sales offices.
In September 2006, Esterel Technologies acquired the IMAGE product from Thales and Diehl Aerospace. It is now proposed as SCADE Display , a display framework targeted for Real-time applications, for prototyping, display design, simulation, verification and validation, DO-178B certified code generation (up to level A), and integration with other applications.
Created in 2000, Esterel Technologies is a spin-off from the French company Simulog (itself bought by Astek in 2003). Simulog was itself a spin-off from INRIA, and many of the initial founders came from the INRIA laboratory. These include Gerard Berry, father of the Esterel language, which gave its name to the company. Its first product, Esterel Studio, was meant to bring synchronous programming language benefits to the industry (initially telecommunications and then EDA Electronic design automation). In 2003, a Lustre-based (one of the other synchronous programming language) tool-set named SCADE(Safety Critical Application Development Environment) is bought by Esterel Technologies, and the two academics communities behind these languages will propose a way to merge them. The result has been productized as SCADE Suite 6 and its subsequent versions.
In 2009, Esterel Studio, the first product of the company, has been acquired by Synfora.
- "Telelogic sells the SCADE business unit to Esterel Technologies". cisionwire.com. 2001-10-30. Retrieved 2010-11-07.
- "Esterel Technologies acquires the IMAGE Embedded Graphical Display Software Design Environment from Thales and Diehl Aerospace". cisionwire.com. 2006. Retrieved 2010-11-07.
- "Wind River and Esterel Technologies Partner to Create New Safety-Critical Software Development Platform". Wind River Systems. 2007-02-13. Retrieved 2010-11-07.
- Synfora Acquires Esterel Studio - Synfora Press Releases
- Esterel + ANSYS will change an industry, http://www.corumgroup.com/Blog/esterel-ansys-will-change-industry
|This article about an IT-related or software-related company or corporation is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|