February 20, 1966
|Occupation||Photographer and Film Director|
Esther Haase was born in Bremen, the first Daughter of Illustrator Sibylle Haase-Knels and Prof. Fritz Haase. Her father worked as a professor of Communication Design at the University of the Arts Bremen. In 1963 her parents founded a studio for design.
Esther Haase spent her childhood in Bremen. After professional training in modern dance in Cologne, Esther Haase spent two years (1986–1989) on-stage, joining the dance group of the Goethe Theatre, Bremen. From 1988 to 1993, she studied graphic design with a focus on photography at the University of the Arts Bremen.
During studying at the University of the Arts, Esther Haase was trainee at the art department of the Men's Vogue in Munich. Esther Haase landed her first two awards in photography in 1992 one year before graduation. After graduation she moved to Berlin and started working internationally as a freelance photographer. She has shot fashion stories and editorials for Elle, Vanity Fair, Madame Figaro and others. She made portraits of various famous Germans like Hildegard Knef, Karl Lagerfeld, Franka Potente, Regina Halmich, Christine Kaufmann or Nena or international celebreties like Dita von Teese, very successful fashion designers like Domenico Dolce & Stephano Gabbana, Vivienne Westwood, Roberto Cavalli, Donatella Versace or musicians like Marilyn Manson or Anastacia and worked for fashion brands like Victoria’s Secret, Guess, Wonderbra and Escada or did advertising and campaign photography for brands like Moët & Chandon, Chopard, Mercedes-Benz and Chrysler.
Esther Haase has had many successful exhibitions in galleries and museums around the world.
She received many national and international awards throughout her career.
- Esther Haase, Beate Wedekind, Sophie Albers, Jackie Hardt: Amazonen edited by Nadine Barth (2011), ISBN 978-3-86828-209-2
- Esther Haase: Rock'n Old (2010), ISBN 978-3-86828-109-5
- Esther Haase: Stories (2007), ISBN 978-3-939429-20-3
- Esther Haase: Sexy Book (2006), ISBN 978-3-03939-035-9
- Esther Haase: Fashion in Motion edited by Wolfgang Behnken (2000), ISBN 978-3-908163-18-3
Esther Haase lives in Hamburg and London with her husband and their son and her daughter.
- http://www.schierke.com/portfolio/photographers/22181/Esther_HAASE/filter/Fashion/img/284599; http://www.estherhaase.com/about-me/#/;
- http://www.terrietanaka.com/biography/1/photographers/66/esther-haase/; http://www.schierke.com/portfolio/photographers/22181/Esther_HAASE/filter/Fashion/img/284599
- http://www.estherhaase.com/exhibitions/#/; http://www.schierke.com/portfolio/photographers/22181/Esther_HAASE/filter/Fashion/img/284599