|Birth name||Estrella de la Aurora Morente Carbonell|
|Born||August 14, 1980|
|Origin||Las Gabias, Granada, Spain|
Estrella Morente (Estrella de la Aurora Morente Carbonell) is a Spanish flamenco singer. She was born on August 14, 1980 in Las Gabias, Granada in southern Spain. She is the daughter of flamenco singer Enrique Morente and dancer Aurora Carbonell.
She has performed with her father since age seven and recorded her first album in 2001, Mi Cante Y Un Poema (My Songs and A Poem). This was followed the same year by Calle del Aire, which was well received by critics and flamenco fans. She released her third album, Mujeres (Women) in 2006, which her father produced. On December 14, 2001 she married bullfighter Javier Conde in Nuestra Señora de las Angustias basilica in Granada. They have two children, Curro (2002) and Estrella (2005).
- Mi cante y un poema (2001)
- Calle del Aire (2001)
- Mujeres (2006), Mute Records
- Casacueva y escenario (2007) (DVD)
- Autorretrato (2012)
She played herself in the 2011 animated feature Chico & Rita.
In 2013, Estrella narrated the documentary, Guadalquivir, directed by Joaquín Gutiérrez Acha. The film is about the Guadalquivir River, the wildlife, and the natural reserves/parks from Cazorla to Donana, through the Sierra Morena mountains in Andalucia, southern Spain. The director commented that "We needed to find the voice of Andalucia. And she is Estrella, without a doubt. It is a plus for this work/project. Guadalquivir would have not been the same film without her."
On Feb.15, 2014, the short film "Caen Piedras desde el Cielo" (Stones fall from Above) by director Rafael Robles "Rafatal," premiered in Malaga, Spain, starring Estrella Morente as the protagonist, "Luz." The short film is about a single mother in the 1970s working in a religious hospital and the obstacles she faced.
- Official Site
- BBC review of her first album
- Biography from ES Flamenco
- Estrella Morente at the Internet Movie Database
- Mi cante y un poema (2001) liner notes in Spanish, with sung texts
- Calle del Aire (2001) liner notes in Spanish, without sung texts
- Pazos, Pablo. "Guadalquivir: El paraiso andaluz suena a Estrella Morente". Hoyencinema ABC. Retrieved 2013-12-12.
- Bandera, Carmen. "Rafatal estrena 'Caen Piedras desde el Cielo', el debut de Estrella Morente". CineandCine. Retrieved 2014-02-14.