|Look up etching in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Etching may refer to:
- Etching, a printmaking technique in art
- Etching (glass), a glass decoration technique
- Etching (metal), a metal decoration technique
- Chemical milling, the use of chemical etching in manufacturing and industry
- Etching (microfabrication), a process in producing microelectronics
- Photochemical machining, with chemicals, using a photoresist
- Etching (glassware), the cloudy appearance of glassware after having gone through multiple dishwasher cycles.
Note that all of the above can be called chemical etching, though the term is mostly used for industrial etching. An etcher is most likely to mean a printmaker. An etchant (sometimes mordant) is any chemical used to etch, but probably refers to an industrial process.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.