Eternal Rest (Prayer)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Requiem Aeternam dona eis, Domine
R. et lux perpetua luceat eis:
Requiescant in pace. R. Amen.
The translation used by English-speaking Roman Catholics is:
- Eternal rest, grant unto him/her O Lord
- and let perpetual light shine upon him/her.
May s/he rest in peace. Amen.
- May his/her soul and the souls of all the faithful departed,
- through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
The usual Anglican form is:
- Rest eternal grant to him/her, O Lord;
- And let light perpetual shine upon him/her.
- May his/her soul, and the souls of all the departed,
- through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.