|Motto||World Peace through Value based Education|
|Chairperson||Baba Iqbal Singh Ji|
|Vice-Chancellor||Manmohan Singh Atwal|
|Location||Baru Sahib, Himachal Pradesh, India|
|Campus||450 acres (1.8 km2)|
Eternal University is the second private university of Himachal Pradesh established by an Act of the state legislature of Himachal. It functions on a "no profit-no loss" basis. It is located in the 450-acre (1.8 km2) campus popularly known as Baru Sahib- The valley of divine peace.
The university is a full-fledged UGC Recognised University and not a Deemed University, established under the 'Himachal Pradesh Private Universities (Establishment and Regulation) Act 2006 passed by the State Legislature of Himachal Pradesh' and Himachal Pradesh Government Notification No EDN-A-GHA (8)6/2006(Loose) dated 29 April 2008). under section 2 (f) and 12B of The UGC Act 1956. Eternal University is one of the few Private Universities duly mentioned in the List of Private State Universities established by the Acts of State Legislatures and eligible to award degrees under section 22 of the UGC Act, 1956. Eternal University has recently received a Letter Of Intent to establish a Medical College within its premises. It will be third Medical college of state of Himachal Pradesh and First medical college in private sector in HP.
Eternal University is situated 110 km from Shimla (capital of Himachal Pradesh) in the Himalayas at Baru Sahib- The valley of divine peace. Eternal University exists in a 450-acre (1.8 km2) campus containing a university, a number of professional colleges, an international Akal Academy, a multi-specialty charitable hospital, a Gurudwara, a post office, a bank, and a fuel station.
Schools and colleges
Eternal University has the following colleges and schools affiliated to its name:
- Akal College of Arts & Sciences
- Akal Institute of Applied Sciences
- Akal School of Biotechnology
- Akal School of Business Administration
- Akal School of Chemistry
- Akal College of Divine Music & Spiritualism
- Akal School of Economics
- Akal College of Engineering & Technology
- Akal Institute of Renewable Energy & Research
- Akal School of Medical Sciences (LOI by Govt of HP, Yet to be established)
- Akal College of Nursing
- Akal School of Nutrition & Food Technology
- Akal School of Phychology
- Akal School of Physics
- Akal School of Post-graduate Studies
- Akal School of Public Health & Naturopathy
- ICORA'10- The 1st International Conference on Rejuvenating Ayurveda was held on 18–20 December 2010. Delegates from all over the world participated in the same.
- ICNI'11- The 1st International Conference on Nursing Informatics was held on 10–11 October 2011. Delegates from all over the world participated in the same.
- VIHAAN'11- The First Technical Festival of Eternal University, Baru Sahib was organised for the first time-ever on 10–11 December 2011. The platform for the budding engineers to showcase their hidden talents.
- ICRAECE'11- The 1st International Conference on Recent Advances in Electronics & Computer Engineering was held on 17–18 December 2011. Delegates from all over the world participated in the same.
- ICORE'12- The 2nd International Conference on Renewable Energy is being held on 5–6 May 2012. Delegates from all over the world are expected to participate in the same.
Clubs and societies
- The English Literary Society participates in literary activities. It helps the students to improve their communication skills, and encourages them to speak in English.
- The Technocrats Club takes part in technical and management events.
- The Cultural Club organizes cultural events like singing, skits and plays.
- The Sports Club organizes sports events like cricket, football, basketball, chess, TT, badminton, and weight lifting.
- Akal Renewable Energy Club works in collaboration with the Ministry of NRE and Research, government of India. The club promotes the use of renewable energy.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Eternal University.|