|Born||Newcastle upon Tyne, England|
Life and career
Born in the North East of England, Ash is a singer songwriter who has spent much of his life living in Brighton and Cambridge.
At the age of six years old he began studying music and playing classical guitar, taking up electric guitar at the age of twelve.
He subsequently began performing solo as well as with bands during his teenage years, gigging all over the UK.
After Ash self-released his debut EP, he supported Seth Lakeman, Newton Faulkner, and Nick Harper on the live circuit, as well as touring extensively. He was invited to play a headline show at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival, and an MTV showcase event during Belfast’s Open House Festival ahead of the release of a second EP, No Early Nights. The debut single from this EP, "Tried To Get Rid of Me", was chosen as an iTunes Single of the Week in November 2010.
Summer 2011 saw Ash play the Main Stage at The Secret Garden Party and sets at Cambridge Folk Festival, Guilfest and Bestival, as well as many other memorable gigs, including playing ‘Music Week’, ASCAP showcases in London, as well as Ronnie Scott’s Jazz Club in London.
He supported Atlantic Records signing and bestselling artist Ed Sheeran on his October sell-out UK tour, both at the HMV Institute in Birmingham and at Nottingham’s Rock City, as well as releasing his single "All I Need".
Ashs' six track EP, Playing By Numbers was released on 1 October 2012, together with a video for the track "Make You Smile".
Ash has embarked on a tour supporting the EP launch, adding to his busy gig schedule which has already included sets at Camp Bestival, The Secret Garden Party, Bestival, Y Not Festival, and MK International Festival, along with several others in the summer months, along with playing slots with Rachel Sermanni, P Money, Foy Vance, Leddra Chapman, Passenger, and John Bramwell from Mercury Music nominated band I Am Kloot in Ipswich in June as part of the IP-Art festival, along with headline shows at The Stables in Milton Keynes, and other venues.
Ash has toured as a support act for Janet Devlin.
- ethanashmusic (2011-04-03). "Ethan Ash - Interview with Sue Marchant on BBC Radio across East Anglia". YouTube. Retrieved 2011-06-22.
- "BBC News - This week on BBC Introducing on Radio Cambridgeshire". Bbc.co.uk. 2011-02-15. Retrieved 2011-06-22.
- [dead link]
- "Ethan Ash Embarks On UK Dates". Entertainment Focus. 2010-11-15. Retrieved 2011-06-22.
- "No Early Nights - EP by Ethan Ash - Download No Early Nights - EP on iTunes". Itunes.apple.com. 2010-11-15. Retrieved 2011-06-22.
- Name (required) (2011-09-13). "Ethan Ash announces new single ‘All I Need’ and Ed Sheeran support dates « LAUREN RAZAVI". Laurenrazavipr.wordpress.com. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- "Mercury Prize 2010 - I Am Kloot". BBC. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- "Ipswich: I Am Kloot star plays Christchurch Park spiegeltent - Entertainment". Ipswich Star. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- "News :: Ed Sheeran - Songs I Wrote with Amy". Amy Wadge. 2011-05-12. Retrieved 2012-10-04.