Ethiopian Civil Service University
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2014)|
|Ethiopian Civil Service University|
|President||Dr. Haile-Michael Aberra|
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
The Ethiopian Civil Service University (ECSU) was established in 1995 by the Ministry of Education to support the transformation drive of the Ethiopian Civil Service within the context of the country’s development policies and strategies. More specifically, the University aims at building the capacity of the civil service at both federal and regional levels through specialized /professional orientation /education, training, research and consultancy programmes and services.
ECSU is currently in the process of re-orienting its training programs to respond to the changing needs of the Ethiopian Civil Service System and the Civil Service Reform program. It has three campuses in different parts of Addis Ababa.
The institution offers both undergraduate and postgraduate programs in many fields including public financial management, international law, development economics, social security management, public policy studies and urban management since 2007.
To gain admission to the postgraduate programs, one has to take a program related examination, an English proficiency exam, and an aptitude test.
ECSU works closely with Federal ministries and agencies, regional bureaus and institutions of higher education and training.
Internationally the University has links with institutions of training and higher education and donor organizations. Some of these are:
- Beijing Foreign Studies University
- UK National School of Government
- The French National School of Administration
- The Administrative Staff College of Nigeria
- The Canadian Foundation for International Training
- Toronto University, Canada
- Amsterdam University
- Erasmus University
- IHS, Kangwan National University, South Korea
- Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration
- Mussoorie/LBSNAA, India
- Kehl University, Germany
- Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration
- The African Management Development Institutions Network
- The Austrian Development Cooperation
- The Open University in the UK
- The Royal Tropical Institute in the Netherlands
- The School of Magistrates in France
- The GIZ and DED
- The UN Habitat
- The World Bank
- The UNDP
|This article on an Ethiopian institution of higher education is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|