Ethnic villages of the People's Republic of China
Village level divisions
|Alternative Chinese name|
|This article is part of a series on|
|Administrative divisions of China|
|History: before 1912, 1912–49, 1949–present|
Ethnic villages are a basic administrative district within China designated for minority ethnic groups. The villages are designated by the government within geographical regions where minority groups live. The approval and establishment of a village is most often the responsibility of provincial governments and prefectural governments, however villages are often established with different requirement standards. According to a local ordinance regarding the protection of interests relating to minority group villages, a meeting is held where 30% of participants belong to a minority group; if the local government approves of the formation of the new establishment, the region is designated an ethnic village. In Hubei province, villages where minorities account for 50% of the population are designated as minority group villages.
In 2005, the Program to Support the Ethnic Minorities with Small Populations (2005–2010) was formulated and implemented, covering 640 different ethnic-minority villages as recipients of assistance.
- Rucheng County: 17
- Villages of the People's Republic of China
- Urban village (China)
- Organic Law of Village Committees
- Residential community#China
- Professor Sienho YEE (2010-02-11). "China's Ethnic Policy and Common Prosperity and Development of All Ethnic Groups". Chinesejil.oxfordjournals.org. Retrieved 2013-11-08.
- "Ethnic minority village opens in China". UPI.com. Retrieved 2013-11-08.
- "Kaili Langde Miao Ethnic Minority Village, Guizhou". Travelchinaguide.com. Retrieved 2013-11-08.
- "Langde Miao Ethnic Minority Village, Kaili Sightseeing Attractions for Tourist". Chinatouronline.com. Retrieved 2013-11-08.
- "China to protect 1,000 minority villages". News.xinhuanet.com. 2012-12-10. Retrieved 2013-11-08.
- "Villages of Ethnic Minority Groups". English.cri.cn. Retrieved 2013-11-08.
- "Minority policies - Introduction to China". Everyculture.com. Retrieved 2013-11-08.
|This China-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about ethnicity or ethnology is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|