|No. -- Free agent|
|Date of birth:||November 13, 1990|
|Place of birth:||Manhattan, New York|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||247 lb (112 kg)|
|High school:||Miami (FL) Krop|
|Career highlights and awards|
Career NFL statistics
|Stats at NFL.com|
Etienne Sabino (born November 13, 1990) is an American football linebacker who is currently a free agent. He was signed by the Giants as an undrafted free agent in 2013. He played college football at the Ohio State University. He has also played for the St. Louis Rams. Sabino's roots are in the Dominican Republic via his parents.
High school career
Sabino attended Dr. Michael M. Krop High School in Miami, Florida, where was recorded 146 tackles, seven sacks, five forced fumbles, and one interception as a senior. He received first team all-Florida and all-Dade County honors in 2007. Sabino finished his junior season with 131 tackles and eight sacks.
He participated in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl and earned an All-American selection by EA Sports. Considered a four-star recruit by Rivals.com, Sabino was ranked the No. 1 inside linebacker prospect in the nation. He chose Ohio State over Florida and USC.
As a true freshman, Sabino backed up three-time All-American James Laurinaitis in 2008. He returned a blocked punt 20 yards for a touchdown against Purdue. Sabino, alongside senior Austin Spitler, competed for the middle linebacker spot that became vacant following Laurinaitis' graduation. Sabino redshirted his junior year and started during the 2011 season.
New York Giants
On April 27, 2013, Sabino was signed as an undrafted free agent by the New York Giants. On August 25, 2013, he was cut by the Giants. In September, he worked out for the Cincinnati Bengals, but was not signed.
St. Louis Rams
- Rivals.com inside linebackers 2008, January 17, 2008
- Staples, Andy (March 16, 2009), "Five burning Big Ten questions heading into", Sports Illustrated
- Eisen, Michael (August 26, 2013). "LB Aaron Curry among players released". Giants.com. Retrieved September 4, 2013.
- Bengals also worked out linebackers Etienne Sabino and Maalik Bomar
- Wagoner, Nick. "Rams add linebacker Etienne Sabino". ESPN.com. Retrieved 25 March 2014.
- "Giants rookie free-agent LB Etienne Sabino is making noise". The Star Ledger. August 4, 2013.