Etihad Campus Metrolink station
The station in February 2013
Location of Etihad Campus in Greater Manchester
|Fare zone information|
|Present status||In operation|
|Opened||8 February 2013 (preview)
11 February 2013(full)
|UK Trams portal|
Etihad Campus Metrolink station is a tram stop on the East Manchester Line (EML) of Greater Manchester's light-rail Metrolink system. The station is located adjacent to the City of Manchester Stadium (also known as the Etihad Stadium).
Initially intended to be known as Sportcity-Stadium, after the Sportcity area it serves, the proposal was changed following the announcement of Manchester City's Etihad Campus project. The station opened on 11 February 2013,  after a three-day free trial for local residents. The station was constructed as part of Phase 3a of the Metrolink's expansion.
Trams run along the East Manchester line westbound towards Manchester Piccadilly station before continuing through the city centre towards Bury, whilst eastbound trams run to Ashton-under-Lyne. Trams run every 12 minutes at peak times; at off-peak times, the service is reduced to every 15 minutes.
Additional trams and double trams will run at events such as football matches and concerts at the nearby Etihad Stadium. A stabling siding to accommodate waiting trams prior to the event finishing has been constructed to allow quicker transportation of people following the conclusion of such events.
- "It's the final countdown". Transport for Greater Manchester. 1 February 2013. Retrieved 7 February 2013.
- Kirby, Dean (4 December 2012). "Opening of Metrolink tram service to Droylsden delayed until February 2013". Retrieved 7 December 2012.
- "Droylsden’s new Metrolink line to open in February". Transport for Greater Manchester. 7 December 2012. Retrieved 7 December 2012.
- "Construction work on track". The Link (TfGM) (3): 4. Retrieved 26 April 2013.
- "Metrolink - Etihad Campus". Transport for Greater Manchester. Retrieved 26 June 2011.
- "Metrolink - East Manchester line". Transport for Greater Manchester. Retrieved 19 May 2013.
- "Metrolink Pocket Guide Droylsden". Metrolink. Retrieved 11 February 2013.
- "Metrolink - Tram Times - Etihad Campus". Metrolink. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Etihad Campus Metrolink station.|
|Preceding station||Manchester Metrolink||Following station|
|Eccles – Ashton-under-Lyne Line||
|Bury – Ashton-under-Lyne Line||
|This article on a railway station in Greater Manchester is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This United Kingdom rapid transit article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|