|Full name||Etrit Berisha|
|Date of birth||10 March 1989|
|Place of birth||Pristina, SFR Yugoslavia|
|Height||1.94 m (6 ft 4 in)|
|2004–2008||KF 2 Korriku|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 9 November 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Etrit Berisha (born 10 March 1989) is an Albanian professional footballer who plays as a Goalkeeper for Italian club Lazio and the Albanian national team. Berisha is a goalkeeper known for his athleticism and for his penalty taking ability.
Etrit Berisha was born in Prishtina, Yugoslavia to Albanian Parents. Berisha began his career as a child at local side KF 2 Korriku, where he played as a youth. He left 2 Korriku in January 2008 to join Swedish side Kalmar FF. Following his arrival in Sweden he was placed into the Kalmar Under-19 team as he was too young and inexperienced for first team football.
Berisha debuted for Kalmar on 28 April 2010 against Örebro SK and won 4:1. After making fourteen appearances in his debuting season, he became Kalmar's starting goalkeeper. Berisha scored his first goal for Kalmar against Cliftonville F.C. in the Europa League qualification rounds and scored his first goal in the Allsvenskan against champions Helsingborgs IF, scoring from the penalty spot in the 38th minute in 2012. But the game resulted in Berisha's worst ever result, with the final score at 7–2. Berisha became a penalty taker at Kalmar and would score all of his goals from the penalty spot.
During his time at Kalmar, Club Manager Svante Samuelsson stated that Etrit had developed into a very good goalkeeper during his time at Kalmar, and had worked very determinedly along with the skilled goalkeeper trainer Donald Arvidsson. Berisha was liked by the fans, especially in the 2013 season as he was the main factor in keeping the club at fifth place with a chance for winning the league.
On 2 September 2013, Etrit Berisha officially signed for S.S. Lazio in the summer transfer period. He made his debut on 7 November 2013 in a 2013–14 UEFA Europa League group stage match against Apollon Limassol. In the next Europa League fixture against Legia Warszawa three weeks later, he was once again in the starting line-up in place of Federico Marchetti. The match resulted in a 2–0 away win for S.S. Lazio. On 12 December 2013 he made his third consecutive appearance in the Europa League against Trabzonspor, keeping a clean sheet in the 0–0 draw. After that first choice Federico Marchetti was injured, on 6 January 2014 Berisha made his league debut against Inter Milan, playing the full 90 minutes and keeping a clean sheet in the 1–0 win. One week later on 11 January 2014, Berisha played another full match and kept another clean sheet against Bologna in a goalless draw. His first match in the Coppa Italia came on 14 January 2014 against Parma, with Lazio winning 2–1. Even though first choice Marchetti returned from injury, Berisha kept his place in the starting line-up. On 25 January 2014 he played another full 90 minute match in a draw 1–1 against Juventus and Federico Marchetti was on the bench. On 2 February 2014 Berisha kept another clean sheet against Chievo Verona, won by 2–0. The peak of his starting career at Lazio was the Derby della Capitale match against Roma. Berisha played the full 90 minutes and kept a clean sheet as the match finished 0–0 and he was Man of the match. On 6 April 2014, Berisha kept the clean sheet in the victory 2–0 against Sampdoria were he played the full 90-minutes. Another clean sheet, he made it on 27 April 2014 in the important away 0–2 victory against Livorno. Berisha played in the last match of the season on 18 May 2014, keeping the clean sheet in the victory 1–0 against Bologna with a latelly penalty score by Lucas Biglia in the 4th minute of stoppage time. He finished the 2013–14 season mading in total 23 full 90-minute matches, including 2 in Coppa Italia and 4 in the Europa League and Lazio were ranked in the 9th position of the 2013–14 Serie A. Berisha also voted as the best foreign goalkeeper of the year, included in the best eleven of foreign players of the 2013–14 Serie A season.
Berisha kept the clean-sheet in debut of his 2014–15 new season at the match valid for 2014–15 Coppa Italia against Bassano Virtus, finished in the 7–0 victory. He started the 2014–15 Serie A season again with Lazio playing a full 90-minutes on 31 August 2014 in the opening match against Milan, which finished in the 3–1 loss.
He received his first senior international call up by Gianni De Biasi for friendlies against Qatar and Iran in May 2012. He was an unused substitute in Albania's 2–1 win over Qatar on 22 May. He the made his debut 5 days later against Iran at the İnönü Stadium, Istanbul, Turkey, playing the full 90 minutes and keeping a clean sheet in the 1–0 win.
He then became a regular member of the Albanian national team.
|Season||Club||League country||League||League Cup||Europe||Total|
1 Caps and goals made on the 2012–13 UEFA Europa League qualifying phase.
|Albania national team|
On 31 July 2013 A.C. Chievo Verona announced to have signed Berisha during the Summer Transfer Window, but Berisha himself didn't accept this, saying that he simply had an accord with the club but didn't sign. On 5 September 2013, after Berisha signed for Lazio, Chievo announced that they had sent the case in to the FIFA. On 11 September 2013 Lazio's president Claudio Lotito declared that Berisha was bought and signed in the regular way according to the Transfer Window rules. On 14 September 2013 the sport director of Chievo Giovanni Sartori accused Berisha of changing his mind for more money at Lazio. On 29 January 2014 the case was re-opened as now Lazio were looking for another keeper during the Winter Transfer Window. On 31 January 2014 the media announed that Berisha risks a 3 months suspension due to contract which he pretended to have signed. On 5 February 2014 Givanni Sartori asked to have this case closed and the accusations dropped. On 20 March 2014 the manager of Kalmar FF, Svante Samuelson declared that everything about the transfer of their former goalkeeper Etrit Berisha, was regular. On 28 June 2014 the media announced that Berisha's case could be closed as FIFA had not yet made a decision.
- Kalmar FF
- Kalmar FF
- (23 – Berisha has played in a UEFA Euro 2016 qualifying match against Serbia on 14 October 2014 in Belgrade, a match witch was abandoned in the 42nd minute due to incidents that happened during the match. Serbia was awarded 3–0 victory but deducted 3 points.)
- Elfsborg move clear, Goteburg strike late
- "Pojkdrömmen blev sann – Etrit Berisha klar för Lazio" (in Swedish). Sveriges Radio. 2 September 2013. Retrieved 2 September 2013.
- "Berisha Kalmar FFs hjälte i dubbel bemärkelse" (in Swedish). Sveriges Radio. 2 September 2013. Retrieved 2 September 2013.
- "Lazio, preso il portiere Etrit Berisha Bizzarri verso la cessione" (in Italian). Il Messaggero. 2 September 2013. Retrieved 2 September 2013.
- UEFA.com, Euro-League 13-14 match Lazio - Apollon Limassol
- Legia Warszawa vs. Lazio - 28 November 2013 - Soccerway
- Match Report Lazio - Trabzonspor 0-0 Europa League Group Stage 2013-14
- Berisha debuton me rrjetë të paprekur në Serie A | aSport.info - Albania Sport
- Bologna vs. Lazio - 11 January 2014 - Soccerway
- Lazio vs. Parma - 14 January 2014 - Soccerway
- Lazio vs. Juventus - 25 January 2014 - Soccerway
- Chievo vs. Lazio - 2 February 2014 - Soccerway
- Derbi : Berisha ndal Romën | aSport.info - Albania Sport
- Lazio vs. Sampdoria - 6 April 2014 - Soccerway
- Livorno vs. Lazio - 27 April 2014 - Soccerway
- Lazio vs. Bologna - 18 May 2014 - Soccerway
- E.Berisha, portieri më i mirë i huaj në Serinë A
- Lazio vs. Bassano Virtus - 24 August 2014 - Soccerway
- Milan vs. Lazio - 31 August 2014 - Soccerway
- Albania name squad for Iran friendly
- Albania 1–0 Iran
- Etrit Berisha - country statistics
- Etrit Berisha profile at Soccerway
- Etrit Berisha - national football team player EU-Football.info
- Kievo e zyrtarizon, Berisha: E pavërtetë
- Kievo çon Berishën dhe Lacion në FIFA
- Lotito: Kievo mashtron, Berisha u ble rregullisht
- Ironia, Berisha në stolin e Lacios kundër… Kievos
- Berisha rrezikon skualifikimin: Ridel në skenë kontrata me Kievon | aSport.info - Albania Sport
- Etrit Berisha rrezikon të pezullohet 3 muaj
- Kievo ‘heq dorë’ nga Berisha: I përket Lacios | aSport.info - Albania Sport
- Për rastin e Berishës vendos FIFA | aSport.info - Albania Sport
- FIFA hesht, Berisha do t’i shpëtojë pezullimit