|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (July 2010)|
|Eu'Vend & coffeena|
|Venue||Cologne Trade Fair Center (Koelnmesse)|
|Attendance||5,000 from 60 countries|
|Organized by||Koelnmesse GmbH|
Eu'Vend (official subtitle the international trade fair for the vending industry) is organised every two years by Cologne Trade Fair (koelnmesse) at the fairground in Cologne - Germany. The conceptual sponsor of the fair is the German Vending Association (bdv)., international partner is the European Vending Association, Brussels. The show is open for trade visitors only. Last Eu'Vend took place from 19.-21. September 2013. The next show will be from 26.-28. September 2013 again. Since 2011 Eu'Vend takes place in conjunction with coffeena (official subitle "international coffee fair"). In 2013 the Specialty Coffee Association of Europe was the official education partner of coffeena for the first time.
The trade fair focuses on
- Vending machines (including hot drink vending machines, Water cooler, snack vendingmachines, reverse vending machines, change machines)
- Filling products (coffee, tea und cold drinks, food, other filling products)
- vending machine cups
- Payment systems (cash dispenser, bill validator, cashless payment systems).
- Machine accessories/Components and spare parts in and for vending machines (for example water filter).
- Services for Operator (including Money counting and sorting machines).
- Kiosk Systems.
Visitor target groups
Eu'Vend is addressed to Operators but also to people searching for a professional solution for employee or customer catering. Including
- Canteens, caterer
- Transport authorities, airlines
- Schools, universities
- Hospitals, homes
- Hotels, youth hostels
- Tobacco product wholesale
- Casinos, gambling halls
- Doctors, tax consultants, lawyers
Till 2001 the interested companies exhibited their products at Anuga Food Fair. Than the vending industry decided to launch an own platform. At the first Eu'Vend in 2003 there exhibited 178 companies from 13 countries. Within these three days there came 3.968 trade visitors from 49 countries to Cologne - Germany.
In the following years Eu'Vend has grown further. The participants in Eu'Vend 2013 comprised 217 suppliers from 23 countries. These consisted of 126 exhibitors from Germany and 91 exhibitors (42%) from abroad. With approx. 5.000 visitors from 60 countries (34 percent from abroad) Eu'Vend & coffeena is deemed to be the most international vending and coffee fair.
- German Vending Association comments EuVend[dead link]
- "The EVA maintains its successful Partnership Agreements". vending-europe.eu. European Vending Association. Retrieved 21 February 2014.
- "Eu’Vend & coffeena presents international focus". Auto Vending UK. October 7, 2013. Retrieved 21 February 2014.
- Sanford, Tim (October 2013). "vendingtimes.com". Vending Times Inc. Retrieved 21 February 2014.
- "This Week's Eu'Vend And coffeena Shine Spotlight On Away-From-Home Coffee". vendingtimes.com. Vending Times. October 2013. Retrieved 21 February 2014.
- Lang, Ralf: Mehr Kaffe, Euvend + coffeena vom 19. bis 21. September 2013 in Köln. In: Vending Spiegel 4/2013, S. 18
- "EuVend - International Trade Fair for the Vending Industry". vendinginternational-online.com. 12 September 2009. Retrieved 21 February 2014.
- audited figures of Eu'Vend & coffeena by AUMA[dead link]
- "Cologne Will Host Eu’Vend In Conjunction With coffeena In 2011". vendingtimes.com. Vending Times Inc. February 2010. Retrieved 21 February 2014.
- Preview 2013 at Vending Times
- EuVend and the Innovation prize "Vending Star" at Vending Marketwatch.com
- European Vending Associations comment on EuVend
- USA Department of Commerce: major trade shows in Germany and the U.S.
- spanish article about Eu'Vend at Hostel Vending
- russian article about Eu'Vend
- Portuguese article about Eu'Vend
- German Radio spot about EuVend
- Turkish article about EuVend 2009