Eucomed is an organisation representing directly and indirectly 4,500 designers, manufacturers and suppliers of medical technology used in the diagnosis, prevention, treatment and amelioration of disease and disability. It represents a total of 11,000 legal entities in Europe. Today, 24 national medical technology associations and 62 medical technology companies are Eucomed members, comprising approximately 70% of the European market.
Eucomed is active in the following areas:
- economic affairs, including market data collection, health economics, funding and reimbursement, health technology assessment (HTA) and new trends (homecare)
- regulatory affairs: vertical legislation (including medical devices directives and advanced products regulation) and horizontal legislation (environmental) and standards
- science and innovation: medical nanotechnology and other emerging technologies, research and innovation projects
- international affairs: global regulatory harmonization (GHTF), relations with the US, Japan, China and India
- ethics: enforcement of the Eucomed Code of Business Practice
- public affairs, including relations with the European institutions and the Member States
- communications and external relations, including partnerships with patient groups and medical associations, events, publications and media relations
Launch of the MedTech Museum 
On 6 October 2009, during the MedTech Forum 2009, Eucomed launched its MedTech Museum. This virtual museum allows for an interactive exploration of the world of medical technology. Initially covering cancer, diabetes and cardiovascular disorders, more exhibitions are currently being developed and will open throughout 2010.