|Elevation||312 ft (95 m)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP code||38632 (Hernando)|
Eudora is a rural unincorporated community located in southwestern DeSoto County, Mississippi about 25 miles (40 km) south of Memphis. The intersection of Mississippi Highway 301 & Old Mississippi Highway 304 has been the traditional heart of Eudora for decades.
The community has seen little growth in its history, unlike many other areas of Desoto County which have experienced tremendous development due to suburban sprawl from Memphis. The limited growth Eudora has seen, mostly new homes, likely results from its proximity to the casino district at Robinsonville 10 miles (16 km) to the west. Also spurring interest in the area is the 2007 opening of the I-69 freeway which makes commuting to Memphis easier. Eudora is served by this new route with exits at Fogg Road and MS Hwy 301.
- Camp Currier: A 650-acre (2.6 km2) campground owned and operated by the Chickasaw Council of the Boy Scouts of America, serving scouts from all over the Memphis region.
- Arkabutla Lake: An 11,000-acre (45 km2) reservoir built and managed by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. Popular with local fisherman, boaters and campers.
- Tunica Resorts (Robinsonville): The third-largest casino district in the nation.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Eudora, Mississippi.|
- Eudora Volunteer Fire Department
- Arkabutla Lake Homepage (Army Corp of Engineers)
- Woodland Lake Homeowners Assoc.
||Lake Cormorant||Walls||Horn Lake|
|Tunica Resorts (Robinsonville)||Hernando|
|Tunica||Arkabutla Lake, Arkabutla (village)||Coldwater|